the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
That does not surprise me. On another note. My stethoscope grew legs!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
DE and Chaz. Looks like one of your units made it on Facebook via ems world.

Nice! I recognize that truck...For the record, I don't think the white paint looks cheap as one of the commenters seems to believe ;)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Did you guys go away from the utility body trucks?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you guys go away from the utility body trucks?

In the process of moving away from them. We have two 2014 Suburbans in service already, and two more already purchased and being outfitted. The squad body trucks will still be around for a while as the reserve trucks at every station. Really, we have so much wasted space in the back of the squads right now. We took out a lot of the unused BLS supplies. The Suburbans are fairly packed to capacity with two complete sets of gear plus personal gear bags, but the back seats are still free.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In the process of moving away from them. We have two 2014 Suburbans in service already, and two more already purchased and being outfitted. The squad body trucks will still be around for a while as the reserve trucks at every station. Really, we have so much wasted space in the back of the squads right now. We took out a lot of the unused BLS supplies. The Suburbans are fairly packed to capacity with two complete sets of gear plus personal gear bags, but the back seats are still free.
So you guys can transport just like the wonderful DC FEMS engines! :p

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT

I was gonna ask about that too, I ran into one of them yesterday in Rehoboth.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I was gonna ask about that too, I ran into one of them yesterday in Rehoboth.

Well, that could have been the primary medic unit for the area or our supervisor. Supes use Suburbans too, though the beach unit is the other one besides Georgetown that has transitioned to the new truck.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
DHS?

One of the things I learned very quickly is always keep site of your gear. As soon as the patient is in the back of the unit the next thing that gets loaded is the bags before I hop in to help the medic.

Yup, I got a feeling the guy was watching us too. I was in the back for literally, 30 seconds to a minute. Just enough time to get the BP done.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's a nice looking rig. What's the deal with the rear window of the suburban?

Last edited:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
That's a nice looking rig. What's the deal with the real window of the suburban?

Fiberglass (I believe?) gull wing doors that swing open. I haven't spent too many shifts in the new trucks, so DEmedic may know the particulars, but I know we keep the less commonly used items in each of those rear gull wing doors. Triage tags and kit, burn bag, extra saline bags, Sager splint, 2x portable suction, and 2x SAM pelvic slings come to mind.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I want to work there... Or where transportjocky is...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yup, I got a feeling the guy was watching us too. I was in the back for literally, 30 seconds to a minute. Just enough time to get the BP done.

Not too much in the bag that is going to do them any good

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yep. Worse thing I have ever tried to use. If you know how to pick up shifts you should PM me. Please

We started using it and that was the idea, if you see an open shift then you pick it up online.

How's it's actually used: we see an open shift online and then call the on duty supervisor to pick it up.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
We started using it and that was the idea, if you see an open shift then you pick it up online.

How's it's actually used: we see an open shift online and then call the on duty supervisor to pick it up.

I can't even figure out how to see open shifts. It is also suppose to be compatible with the comps on the truck but it's blocked. But that can just be me. Computers hate me