the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Veneficus

Forum Chief
life on the razor's edge here...

At any moment all hell could break loose...

Maybe I will take a nap.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Screw this hurricane stuff. I am prepping for the next disaster. When the Mayans end up being right I'll be ready...

So far I have my jeep, which I need to invest in bigger tires for but figure I will wait till the stockers wear down. I need some more steel too, for protection purposes of course.

I need to get a tool kit in their just have a leatherman right now but I have storage compartments in the bumper that want to be filled.

264374_10150230642033231_511993230_7468845_5308843_n.jpg

In the trunk under storage I stocked 6 MREs, 5 road flares and some quality rope.

A7B6351F-0571-492D-A4F1-AFD9FAEA22B8-363-0000001914D0364E.jpg

Have to put together go bag too with a few essentials/first aid. I think I can leave the tube kit out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A Hi-Lift in there too. Way easier to deal with. Some lights would be prime as well(read: rock lights or some fogs not lightbars).

Gotta love being the second unit in. You know you're getting the sickest person and generally they are all packaged up nicely for you. Scene time of 4 minutes? Yessir. Posturing by the time we got to the ER though so who knows if it even mattered.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A Hi-Lift in there too. Way easier to deal with. Some lights would be prime as well(read: rock lights or some fogs not lightbars).

Gotta love being the second unit in. You know you're getting the sickest person and generally they are all packaged up nicely for you. Scene time of 4 minutes? Yessir. Posturing by the time we got to the ER though so who knows if it even mattered.

And why not a light bar? :p

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

I want to get some HID or LED fog lights mounted on the sides of the windshield but until I get promoted to firefighter and make a livable wage it has to be on hold :rolleyes:

As far as the hi-lift, right now with my 3" lift on the jeep, I don't actually own a jack big enough to change the tire in the middle of nowhere lol. I would be screwed.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I want to get some HID or LED fog lights mounted on the sides of the windshield but until I get promoted to firefighter and make a livable wage it has to be on hold :rolleyes:

Make sure to put a permanant mount light bar on it before driving to your FD duty post. :rofl:

Achilles

Forum Moron

As far as the hi-lift, right now with my 3" lift on the jeep, I don't actually own a jack big enough to change the tire in the middle of nowhere lol. I would be screwed.

Is that a hydraulic winch on there? If so do you have an air compressor on bored?

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Make sure to put a permanant mount light bar on it before driving to your FD duty post. :rofl:

Yeaaaa I don't think so... Best to stay incognito.

Is that a hydraulic winch on there? If so do you have an air compressor on bored?

Na its an 8,000lb electric straight to the battery with the kevlar/nylon rope. 100' I think.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Better get one of these too
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3382

And a few 30' tow straps.

There is nothing in that link but 3 threads with no pictures that work?

I need to get tow straps too... I have a tree strap hooking up the winch to stuff in the front compartments but I certainly need more toys.

This is pretty cheap... http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Ton-2-Inc...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ef7b3464&vxp=mtr

I really want a set of goodyear duratracs in 33" my stock tires are 32". FDNY has them on all of our vehicles.

Problem is they are $250 a piece and I need 5...

duratrac2.jpg

Achilles

Forum Moron
There is nothing in that link but 3 threads with no pictures that work?

I need to get tow straps too... I have a tree strap hooking up the winch to stuff in the front compartments but I certainly need more toys.

This is pretty cheap... http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Ton-2-Inc...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ef7b3464&vxp=mtr

I really want a set of goodyear duratracs in 33" my stock tires are 32". FDNY has them on all of our vehicles.

Problem is they are $250 a piece and I need 5...

duratrac2.jpg

Oops here's the real link
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=33826
I have BFG AT's on the front and Mudders on the back.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Oops here's the real link
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=33826
I have BFG AT's on the front and Mudders on the back.

I actually have the knock-off version of that bag from Voodoo Tactical in red sitting in my garage. It is technically the property of my volly agency though.

I thought about buying one for myself. For $100 its a great bag for general use of whatever you can think to throw in it. I would NEVER buy red for myself though... Blah.

15-9590-2.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

That'll be sweet. I was gonna say, the stock jacks are pretty useless if you add any height to them. Good lookin' Heep though buddy!

Definitely need some meaner tires...PM me about tires :D I have a near new set (less than one summer) of 33s in storage that wont fit on the WJ with the 2 inch. Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head but I'd cut you a solid deal although shipping might be a deal breaker.

Random but what are ya'lls thoughts on versed in patients with S&S of a TBI? Eh, I should probably start a thread on that one, huh?

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I found this place when looking up stuff when I was researching medical mission stuff and equipment. They have a public side with lots of stuff. They have a pay side, but, well, I have no idea what's there though there is lots of stuff on the public side.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
That'll be sweet. I was gonna say, the stock jacks are pretty useless if you add any height to them. Good lookin' Heep though buddy!

Definitely need some meaner tires...PM me about tires :D I have a near new set (less than one summer) of 33s in storage that wont fit on the WJ with the 2 inch. Can't remember the specifics off the top of my head but I'd cut you a solid deal although shipping might be a deal breaker.

Random but what are ya'lls thoughts on versed in patients with S&S of a TBI? Eh, I should probably start a thread on that one, huh?

Yea i have held off on the tires there was no sense changing them when it cost me extra to get the ones I have. (included in package with the rims/power doors/windows/alarm)

The pic I posted is an old pic. I since took the "sport/wrangler" stickers off the sides and the hard top has not been off sadly since that summer of the picture last year.

They have probably a little less than a year left in them. Maybe il use my tax return on it as a gift to myself :D

As far as your tires, shipping would be the death of the deal. You have to sell that stuff local. Online tire places have major deals with shipping companies... To ship one tire would cost you and I $100.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yea i have held off on the tires there was no sense changing them when it cost me extra to get the ones I have. (included in package with the rims/power doors/windows/alarm)

The pic I posted is an old pic. I since took the "sport/wrangler" stickers off the sides and the hard top has not been off sadly since that summer of the picture last year.

They have probably a little less than a year left in them. Maybe il use my tax return on it as a gift to myself :D

As far as your tires, shipping would be the death of the deal. You have to sell that stuff local. Online tire places have major deals with shipping companies... To ship one tire would cost you and I $100.

Yea it's ridiculous to ship them. I've been meaning to get rid of them but I've been too damn busy to drive to the storage unit and take pictures to put them up on craigslist.

Although so may argue using your tax return for tires is hardly a gift to yourself I beg to differ. Better tires equals more fun in the dirt!

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I have some rather sad news. The handsome fella in my avatar passed away last night after a rather long (for a rat) battle with CHF. I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon. The past couple months also saw increasing hind-end weakness which is fairly common in males that weren't neutered early. But he didn't seem to want to give up. If you said his name (or opened a bag of potato chips in his earshot) he would perk right up. If one of the human family members was nearby he would creep over to them for attention.

Yesterday when I went to leave for work, he was lounging in his favorite hammock, but didn't perk up when I said his name. I reached in the cage to pet him, and he crept a bit closer. I noticed his paws felt cold, so I tucked a piece of fleece around him, and he adjusted it to his liking.

Apparently when my dad got home, he opened the cage like he usually does, but Peter didn't come creeping out like he usually does. My dad picked him up, and noticed that he seemed weaker than ever. My dad laid on the couch with him, with Pete on his chest, and Pete stayed there for a bit, before creeping down to 'his' spot on the couch. After an hour or so, Pete turned around and crept back up to sit on my dad's chest. A few minutes later my dad said he started to shake, collapse, and then his breathing slowed and went agonal. I arrived home about an hour after that.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about him a lot on my way home. After I had passed the last store open at that time of night, I remembered that I forgot to pick up some banana chips. We ran out Tuesday night, and they were Pete's favorite treat. With the nor'easter starting, I wasn't going to turn around to get them, and decided I would go out mid-day when the roads cleared. I guess it was a good thing I didn't turn around after all.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I am about to go to an "Interprofessional Simulation Experience" with Wash U 3rd Med students in their surgical rotations. This should be fun....