the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So many of the personalities that keep it entertaining get banned (usaf, brown (although he did turn out to be a troll), etc.)

gebhartme

Forum Ride Along
Alright, I'll go elsewhere

not as welcoming as i thought......take care all and it's nice to see there's a resource website for all emt's out there.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Only 6 more to go :D

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
We are perfectly welcoming, but you aren't really following the spirit of the rule. Posting 10 random things doesn't tell us anything about you.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
They caught the savage who shot a cop by me today.

I wish NY supported capital punishment.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
All I can say after reading this forum over these last few days is that I am happy that in both places I live that Fire and EMS get's along just fine. The amount of "fire based EMS needs to die" posts as of late is starting to get a little old.

The quality of an EMS system has nothing to do with the agency that it falls under. If you have crappy providers providing crappy care, then you have a crappy department. That's it. You cannot expand that generalization, just because the fire department in your area sucks at EMS does not mean that fire based EMS sucks everywhere. Then there's the whole "you can only be good at one thing at a time" argument. Being a FF/Medic is too complicated! Really? So why are all the sudden we calling for EMS to run heavy rescue? I thought you could only be a paramedic and nothing else?

Again, I am happy that fire and EMS get along where I am. When the engine medic and ambulance medic step out of their rigs here there are hellos and respect. I guess I don't understand where the anti-fire attitude comes from. And before anyone asks, I have had my fair share of encounters with FFs on scene. They were either helpful, or they weren't and I took control of the scene and did what I needed to do as if they weren't there. Then I forgot about it, and moved on.

medic417

The Truth Provider
They caught the savage who shot a cop by me today.

I wish NY supported capital punishment.

Bring em to Texas we got an express line.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Has anyone else noticed how lame this site has become?

Oh and I bet gebhartme posts a bunch of worthless posts so he can sell his stuff.

See above.

MrJones

Iconoclast
Worked an 8 hour shift and didn't see a single patient.

I did a 12 on Sunday with the same result. On the one hand, it was nice that no one needed emergency medical services, but on the other hand - booorrrrrinnng.

bored-baby-1284-270x300.jpg

gebhartme

Forum Ride Along
about me....

I enjoy long strolls on the beach, soothing sounds of the ocean......

no really though, i'm in the military and i buy storage lockers as a hobby. I came across a lot of emt accessories and gear. I was trying to locate a community that would be interested. I'm not an emt and do not have any posts that relate to the field of an emt. I've spoke with some of our local emt's and already have helped them out.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Amen, Tigger. It's hard to imagine such a fire/EMS rivalry. Everyone around here works together great. Very much a team atmosphere. And yes; the style of system shouldn't effect the quality of care. It's easy to point out some of the stand-out services of a particular style, but there are just as many or more of those style systems that are very poor.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Bring em to Texas we got an express line.

nevermind that some of those people didn't actually do it...

:unsure:

I think about the dumbest thing anyone can do is shoot a cop. Especially if they hope to escape.

You shoot some random non LE person, maybe a few cops will look for you.

You shoot a cop and every LE agency in the world is looking for you.

Just not a good escape plan.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I enjoy long strolls on the beach, soothing sounds of the ocean......

no really though, i'm in the military and i buy storage lockers as a hobby. I came across a lot of emt accessories and gear. I was trying to locate a community that would be interested. I'm not an emt and do not have any posts that relate to the field of an emt. I've spoke with some of our local emt's and already have helped them out.

He's the whacker repo and liquidation guy...

That is awesome.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
nevermind that some of those people didn't actually do it...

:unsure:

I think about the dumbest thing anyone can do is shoot a cop. Especially if they hope to escape.

You shoot some random non LE person, maybe a few cops will look for you.

You shoot a cop and every LE agency in the world is looking for you.

Just not a good escape plan.

This guy caused an accident and drove off. (hit and run)

Cops chased em, pulled em over. He shoots the officer 4 times in chest.

He drives off again, has 4 flats so he stops, shoots a civilian in the head and takes his car.

Gets caught trying to flee.

For whatever reason the officer did not have his vest on and was mortally wounded.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Hang his *** in Central Park :glare:

medic417

The Truth Provider

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Yup everyone in prison is innocent.:rolleyes:

I didn't say they were innocent. They may just not have killed somebody.

Like most GSW victims are just fine upstanding citizens, minding their own business, taking their library books back in a bad neighborhood at 2am.

(if it's one thing the 2 dudes cannot stand, it is somebody minding their own business)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Amen, Tigger. It's hard to imagine such a fire/EMS rivalry. Everyone around here works together great. Very much a team atmosphere. And yes; the style of system shouldn't effect the quality of care. It's easy to point out some of the stand-out services of a particular style, but there are just as many or more of those style systems that are very poor.

I also find it funny that when I occasionally peruse the likes of firehouse forums that you don't really find a whole lot of posts slamming EMS. Wonder why that is....

Veneficus

Forum Chief
What's that suppose to mean?

We have people in EMS who once they get involved go out and buy all kinds of stuff that costs a lot, they don't need, or is totally useless.

They do things like buy lights and sirens for their personal vehicles, personal medical kits that rival most ambulance equipment, radios, pagers, and scanners that SETI would be envious of, Fire or EMS logos on all of their cloths, bumper stickers, etc.

They then either troll around their area waiting to help "when something goes wrong and they are needed" or show up at their actual fire/EMS job with a belt full of gadgets that would make batman envious.

In most cases they chill out after a couple of years, but can't bring themselves to just trash the $1000s in gear they have. Some stay that way their entire lives.

It sounds like you came across such a trove in your storage buying hobby.

We have a couple of different names for them but "whacker" is the most derogatory we can post here.

AKA "Ricky rescue"