the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Turned out to be something really minor. Was an exhaust leak and they fixed it for free :p

Free is always good when it comes to vehicles at a mechanics.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Turned out to be something really minor. Was an exhaust leak and they fixed it for free :p

Mine is not going to be free, I can tell you that. For one I'm sure I need a new clutch hydraulic system. I replaced the clutch myself last summer, but it kept sticking and popping. I have been working on it off and on since then, including dropping the tranny again (This thig is enorumous! I knew diesel trucks had big 'uns, but this is crazy!) and "re-installing" the clutch assembly, and still the same problems. Then this morning it started to not release on me. So I finally gave in and I am taking it in. Wish me luck. (And calm when I hear the price.)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
With my local mechanic free is never good. It means he knows something else is wrong and your going to be back soon with big money.

That is one of hte main reasons I do most of the work on all my vehicles.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Hah! If I tried to do the work on my truck myself...I'd end up having to just buy a new one. lol I wouldn't know what I would be doing. That's what my daddy's for. He's pretty good about that stuff. But hey at least I can change my own oil. :p

And I could kill my dog. I'm really fed up with him right now. Stupid dog made me fall bust both of my knees, left being the worst and put a big rip in the knee of my jeans too. (he's a 10 month old St. Bernard puppy weighing 135 pounds and me being a 5'3 girl I didn't stand much of a chance lol) He decided he wanted to run over to the dog barking at him behind a fence and not give 2 craps about me. Took off and knocked me off balance and hit the gravel-y concrete. And of course this had to happen within 15 minutes of having to leave for class.

I feel like a clumsy todler all over again with 2 scraped up knees hahaha

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Hah! If I tried to do the work on my truck myself...I'd end up having to just buy a new one. lol I wouldn't know what I would be doing. That's what my daddy's for. He's pretty good about that stuff. But hey at least I can change my own oil. :p

And I could kill my dog. I'm really fed up with him right now. Stupid dog made me fall bust both of my knees, left being the worst and put a big rip in the knee of my jeans too. (he's a 10 month old St. Bernard puppy weighing 135 pounds and me being a 5'3 girl I didn't stand much of a chance lol) He decided he wanted to run over to the dog barking at him behind a fence and not give 2 craps about me. Took off and knocked me off balance and hit the gravel-y concrete. And of course this had to happen within 15 minutes of having to leave for class.

I feel like a clumsy todler all over again with 2 scraped up knees hahaha

awww. Sorry that happened. Know what you mean.:rolleyes:

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
I am going to be 40 this year, never had kids... and I am 5 days late. Never been late. (and not going through menapause - yet)

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
I've got to stop eating so late. It's after midnight and I'm just now eating dinner. I haven't eaten since breakfast so I guess it's ok but still I hate eating late. At least it's a kinda healthy dinner, in a way. A grilled cheese/oven roasted turkey sandwhich on wheat bread and a few baked chips with some red juice. And now, if I could sleep, everything would be A OK.

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
I napped for almost 6 hours this afternoon and now I am probably going to be up all night... ugh

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm on call tonight... Got flexed from work for low census. I should catch a nap, but I can't sleep :(

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm having to sell two of my guns (one pistol one rifle) to help out with my move :(

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I've got to stop eating so late. It's after midnight and I'm just now eating dinner. I haven't eaten since breakfast so I guess it's ok but still I hate eating late. At least it's a kinda healthy dinner, in a way. A grilled cheese/oven roasted turkey sandwhich on wheat bread and a few baked chips with some red juice. And now, if I could sleep, everything would be A OK.
sleepy time tea would help that. ^_^
or peppermint tea

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
so yeah......totally had a jumper off our local bridge the other night. spent most of the night ok well all of the night wide awake while 2 local fire depts seached the water. still havent found the body.

such a strange experience standing there watching the water flow past you and know that someone is under the surface somewhere.