the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
Chimpie, my condolences to you and your family. I too, recently lost my last grandparent, and although it was due to long-term illness, instead of a sudden event like an accident, I can relate to that feeling of not having any living grandparents anymore. I hope you and your family are able to find their way through this difficult time, and know that your EMTLife family is here for you, no matter what you may need.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, just took a 911 call on a 36 yr old male, witnessed cardiac arrest, was skeptical of wether or not it was a true arrest based on the caller, and the crews coded him on arrival. CPR was started within 5 min of collapse, so hopeing for a good outocome.
The very next call, was a 22 year old male with Cardiac hx, sudden collapse, unresponsive, stemi alerted. Caller advised that six months ago "they had to use the paddles on his chest".
What a night this is turning out to be... :glare:

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, just took a 911 call on a 36 yr old male, witnessed cardiac arrest, was skeptical of wether or not it was a true arrest based on the caller, and the crews coded him on arrival. CPR was started within 5 min of collapse, so hopeing for a good outocome.
The very next call, was a 22 year old male with Cardiac hx, sudden collapse, unresponsive, stemi alerted. Caller advised that six months ago "they had to use the paddles on his chest".

Just found out they pronounced the 36 yr old at the ED, family adv no meidcal hx, and no drug abuse... ED staff is thinking an MI, me too. But no hx? i doubt that

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm too nice. Swapped my 100-0200 tomorrow for a 0445-1645 tomorrow and Sunday. More hours for me though :)

Plus I owe her since she help me clean my unit when it got bio'd yesterday when all my other coworkers that were at the hospital giggled about it.

Edit: Ahhh I found out my medic tomorrow was my Intermediate instructor! Oh dear...

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

22 y/o STEMI alert? How much blow did he take?

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Hubs is redeploying tomorrow and I'm not starting on the FD for a few more weeks. I have noooooo idea what I'm gonna do to keep myself occupied until he comes home in April....Gah...maybe I'll take up knitting.
Or collecting cats.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Or collecting cats.

Bad idea on the cats lol.

To your husband and yourself you have my utmost respect and thanks, I couldn't do the military life. My thoughts are with both of you and for his speedy, safe return.

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Bad idea on the cats lol.

To your husband and yourself you have my utmost respect and thanks, I couldn't do the military life. My thoughts are with both of you and for his speedy, safe return.

Yea, on second thought, I really kinda hate cats. They're so...damn snobby.

It's sounds hokey, but thank you. If there weren't people like you or me, he wouldn't have a job to do or people to protect (waves American flag) It's not about the cool guy stuff he gets to do, it's about the people he does it for. :)

Anjel

Forum Angel

It's sounds hokey, but thank you. If there weren't people like you or me, he wouldn't have a job to do or people to protect (waves American flag) It's not about the cool guy stuff he gets to do, it's about the people he does it for. :)

For the record I like my cats....usually.

They love each other, and food more than me tho. Catnip too, and sleep, shiny objects, rubber bands, scratching posts, then me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

:usa:

ARose

Forum Lieutenant

They love each other, and food more than me tho. Catnip too, and sleep, shiny objects, rubber bands, scratching posts, then me.

Actually, I had an awesome cat when I was a kid. She loved to eat styrofoam, and lived to be about 18. When she would purr you could hear her clear across the house. I miss my styrofoam sucking cat....
*cuddles my stinky ferret*

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain

catsvsdogs.jpg

I love my golden lab.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Chimpie, I lost a grandma type friend on Christmas eve in a car wreck, too. Having seen a million wrecks, those pics are ones I wish I never looked at.

I am so sorry for your loss.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I have had 4 patients today. None were wearing pants. It has been an odd series of calls.

From someone who goes into SNFs and Board and Cares on the reg, it's an odd day when a majority of my patients ARE wearing pants.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Chimpie, beloved Grandparents have a tendency to stick around for a while to make sure you all adjust. Love doesn't die that easy you know even though the body can and will!

Blessings to you all.