Texas EMS Jobs

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Site find out for me if you can.

South Taylor EMS- full time paid with vollie supplement

Shackleford County EMS
North Runnels County EMS
Citizens Ambulance in Clyde

A very good friend is from the Abilene area and has worked for some of these. These are the suggestions.

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
xrsm002

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Yeah I saw them tonight. My wife's interview is tuesday of she gets the job I will be contacting them I'd be happy even volunteering at this point to get experience. Looks like they are really in need of people. Thanks. If she doesn't get this job we will be looking in other parts of the state.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
One of those little towns looks exactly like Hill Valley from Back to the Future, down to the courthouse square with the clock. I'd love to have stopped, but it was 0200 and I was on a schedule.

I miss Texas, but I'm having fun here.

OP
OP
xrsm002

xrsm002

Forum Captain
There's a private company u I used to work for in Odessa/Midland paying their basics 15, intermediates 17 and medics 19/hr it's not the best company but pay is good that's of you can find a house due to the oil boom. A house goes on sale and within a day has 4-5 contracts on it some 4 times as much as what the house is worth. Can't even hardly find an apartment or hotel room either

tmedic2

Forum Ride Along
Dont know of anyone ''looking'' for intermediates. Really should get your medic to better your chances of employment.

Keep an eye on Waco as the 911 provider for that area may be changing soon. Also medstar in Fort Worth hires a lot
MedStar in Ft. Worth is not hiring, and has not been for several months. You might try AMR Arlington or Careflite.

tmedic2

Forum Ride Along
EMS in DFW area

MedStar in Ft. Worth is not hiring, and has not been for several months. You might try AMR Arlington or Careflite.

MedStar just opened a few Secondary Paramedic positions in Ft. Worth, but the posting close soon. Good luck in your search!

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Houston's getting pretty packed with EMTs. There's alot better chance of finding something 911-related if you get your medic patch.

Otherwise, there's a ton of competition. Unless you're cool with IFT. Then the jobs are a dime a dozen.

See ya

Im a paramedic been working inner city and rural in texas and im looking to move to Dallas ft worth area any advise on job hunting. Im coming from a busy 911 so kinda looking for a ghetto to work in.

OP
OP
xrsm002

xrsm002

Forum Captain
South Taylor EMS- full time paid with vollie supplement

Shackleford County EMS
North Runnels County EMS

A very good friend is from the Abilene area and has worked for some of these. These are the suggestions.

@SHFD739 which one of these did your friend like working at the best?
You can PM me with your response
Shackelford County EMS
North Runnels County EMS

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
@SHFD739 which one of these did your friend like working at the best?
You can PM me with your response
Shackelford County EMS
North Runnels County EMS

Ill ask and let you know. Give me a day or two.

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Honor - how far you willing to go outside DFW? Hunt county EMS is pretty busy but you have to drive to Greenville. In Dallas the southern half of the metroplex sees more action than the northern.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Insight into Houston private companies

Has anyone heard of, or have insight into AMR, Harris County EMS (HCEMS), or Coastal EMS companies. I'd be interested in the quality of their reputation, reliability, and management. Both look like clean running operations. Love to hear from an 'insider' or someone familiar to the area. Thanks!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Has anyone heard of, or have insight into AMR, Harris County EMS (HCEMS), or Coastal EMS companies. I'd be interested in the quality of their reputation, reliability, and management. Both look like clean running operations. Love to hear from an 'insider' or someone familiar to the area. Thanks!

AMR has a new ops manager, could prove to be advantageous for them. Regardless of the economy and trends, AMR has always been solid in Houston. They have a great relationship with Memorial Hermann and will be moving to a new location on the north side of town soon. Decent equipment, decent pay.

Harris County is a newer operation, but run by some EMS veterans. I haven't heard anything negative about their operation thus far.

Coastal is a good outfit. They run backup 911 for Cypress Creek, new equipment, same protocols as cypress creek. Good folks.

Acadian would be another one to look at. They are rapidly expanding operations throughout southeast Texas.

Metro EMS News

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the information.

I recently heard the same about AMR having a new Operations Manager and plans to move from their current location. I think AMR is really trying to bolster their stakes within the area, especially with Acadian's presence.

You're right about Coastal as well. The outfit is run well, with great equipment. The owner trades in his fleet at 5 years (when the warranty is up), and the trucks are clean. They use 'Toughbooks'/ePCR's and harp on supporting documentation. The company is run with a 'human element' and everyone seems to get along really well. They have Cypress Creek EMS radios in their units and do backup as needed. Quite impressive.

Thanks for sharing.