Texas EMS Jobs

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Anyone have any tips/leads for part-time paramedic work around Fort Worth?

Lifeguard Ambulance opened an IFT operation up there, Acadian is still growing.

brian328

Forum Crew Member
any info on Acadian operations in Dallas? i am assuming they are mainly IFT, but ANY 911 contracts? i know dallas fire is the main one and AMR has a few contracts..

btw: i'm new to the area, so sorry for my lack of knowledge...

edit: they seem to be the only company willing to hire somebody in the process of having their EMT license transferred to TX (from out of state)

Last edited by a moderator:

brian328

Forum Crew Member
only options to run 911 in DFW would be medstar, amr, dallas fire, some careflite divisions, and some small county run EMS?

OP
OP
xrsm002

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Acadian has 911 operations in Orange county, which I believe is in east or southeast Texas. They took it over from
Metrocare, yes the same Metrocare that is currently operating in Abilene, Tx they Metrocare from what I understand isn't even complying with their contracts running 3 trucks when they are supposed to be running 5 from what I understand.

brian328

Forum Crew Member
Acadian has 911 operations in Orange county, which I believe is in east or southeast Texas. They took it over from
Metrocare, yes the same Metrocare that is currently operating in Abilene, Tx they Metrocare from what I understand isn't even complying with their contracts running 3 trucks when they are supposed to be running 5 from what I understand.

orange county is too far for me, i just moved to dallas... from orange county, CA. but it sounds like acadian may take over the abilene contract if they keep it up.

IdiotBrain

Forum Ride Along
Brand new EMT-B in deep south Tx here, looking to find an IFT or 911 job while I go to school for medic [which starts at the end of the month]. Any suggestions as to companies near Weslaco or Mcallen?

OP
OP
xrsm002

xrsm002

Forum Captain
If Acadian took over the Abilene contract there would be so many emts and medics in Abilene.

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
Metroscare (I meant MetroCare) was always an "interesting" operation when they were in Austin. However, I'll always be grateful to them for having EMT-B and EMT-P classes at night in Austin when no one else was offering them. You can thank (or curse) them for my paramedic patch. One year of night classes while working full-time in a non-EMS field got me there.