TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care)

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Any one here *currently* certified under the latest guidelines/instruction or an instructor? I am looking to get certified and just want to know what to expect and get an idea for costs/curriculum/locations/etc. I was able to find a local place that does it over 2 days for $500. Think this is a good deal? Any info is appreciated. PM or public. Thanks guys.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Where are you located?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Did TOMS at the end of October.

What do you wanna know? Koolaid beat me to the next question.

Was 800 for 4 days. It's definitely not the most complex material, I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
If your really interested in learning both the tactical portion and the medicine under fire portion skip TCCC and go straight for the real course and go through module A & B of International School Of Tactical Medicine in Palm Springs. Module C also if you can afford it and want to go for your board certification with ACEP

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I am currently in Las Vegas.
That school in Palm Springs is now definitely on my radar. Thanks for the recommendation.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
For what it's worth I've heard good things about that school.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah I did module A &B last February. In Palm Springs. Was a great experience and the instructors medicine/firearms/tactics were phenomenal!

All ED MD/anesthesia/SWAT members for instructors and they know their stuff.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah I did module A &B last February. In Palm Springs. Was a great experience and the instructors medicine/firearms/tactics were phenomenal!

All ED MD/anesthesia/SWAT members for instructors and they know their stuff.

I've been looking into that course for a long time (since I'm already in Palm Springs). Just going to wait until I finish medic school and build my savings account up.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Emailed out an RFI.

Looks like what I'm looking for, just waiting on the reply.
Thanks for the suggestion.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Emailed out an RFI.

Looks like what I'm looking for, just waiting on the reply.
Thanks for the suggestion.

If you end up coming out here, shoot me a PM and we can grab a beer or something.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Absolutely.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
International School Of Tactical Medicine????

http://www.tacticalmedicine.com

It's based in Palm Springs, CA but can be set up at other locations. Most of the instructors are ER Docs and SWAT members from the local PD.

From what I have been told, it is an amazing program.

trespassingproductions

Forum Probie
Any one here *currently* certified under the latest guidelines/instruction or an instructor? I am looking to get certified and just want to know what to expect and get an idea for costs/curriculum/locations/etc. I was able to find a local place that does it over 2 days for $500. Think this is a good deal? Any info is appreciated. PM or public. Thanks guys.

where are you located? many big states have state military reserve units that are all volunteer and serve as instructors for these course. i have been doing it for 2 years in CA

NGEMT

Forum Probie
Wait...you can get "certified" in TC3 as a civilian? Who issues these certificates? Is there a central civilian certificate issuing authority?

I teach this stuff all the time on the military side...didn't realize there might be money to be made teaching it on the civilian side...

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Yes... NAEMT.

Same agency that puts out PHTLS guidelines and credentials providers.

ETA: You cannot just freelance. You must gain accreditation as an instructor/instructing organization before you can just begin in the civilian sector. Check them out on the web at NAEMT.org

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Emt or higher

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
NAEMT provides the official certification for PHTLS, TCCC Provider or Instructor. What do these private companies provide in the way of "officialness" for the certs?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
NAEMT provides the official certification for PHTLS, TCCC Provider or Instructor. What do these private companies provide in the way of "officialness" for the certs?

http://www.tacticalmedicine.com

Scroll down a little bit on the home page to find out the "officialness" of the ISTM. Everyone from EMTs, to doctors, to FBI agents, to diplomatic security members have taken the class.

Taught by trauma surgeons, a retired FBI HRT member, and several other very important and high up people.

Range training and from what I was told scenarios where you are under fire of sim rounds (if you make a mistake you actually get shot).