Taking My NREMT-B next week

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Any advice before taking my NREMT test next week? Any advice would be greaty appreciated. Thank you.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The same advice that is given multiple times per week from other members who ask about taking NREMT: study, learn about what an adaptive test is, get a good nights sleep, read the questions multiple times, don't over think the answers or the question, start with the basics before moving on

The test may stop at 60 questions or it may stop at 120 questions. You can not judge if you passed or not based on the amount of questions you were asked or if you think you got the last question right or wrong.

OP
OP
Gustavo

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Thank you,I'll make sure to re read the questions over multiple time.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
And take a break the day before the test. Take time to relax. You either know it or you don't.

OP
OP
Gustavo

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Will do,I just get real nervous when it comes to testing and when I get nervous I study more.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Will do,I just get real nervous when it comes to testing and when I get nervous I study more.
Counterproductive. You can over study. Let it go.

EMT9396

Forum Probie
Briefly review the sections in your book that will be on the test such as OB, Trauma, Cardiac etc. Take a couple practice tests from different apps. JB Learning was a really good study source for me. Also watch the videos on youtube of the NREMT question and answering strategies. I forgot who posted them but if you look up something along the lines of NREMT testing strategies you should find it. There are something like 3-4 videos about the strategies. I did all of that and passed my test on question 71 I think in about 35-40 minutes. You'll get a marker and dry erase board so write anything down on it you may forget such as the GCS and APGAR if you think you'll forget it. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Gustavo

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Briefly review the sections in your book that will be on the test such as OB, Trauma, Cardiac etc. Take a couple practice tests from different apps. JB Learning was a really good study source for me. Also watch the videos on youtube of the NREMT question and answering strategies. I forgot who posted them but if you look up something along the lines of NREMT testing strategies you should find it. There are something like 3-4 videos about the strategies. I did all of that and passed my test on question 71 I think in about 35-40 minutes. You'll get a marker and dry erase board so write anything down on it you may forget such as the GCS and APGAR if you think you'll forget it. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for the advice,I've been using jb learning a lot,and it's a really good app. I'll look into the NREMT videos if I can find them and check them out.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
drink 4 shots of whiskey before the exam, especially if you are nervous. make sure you go out bar hopping the night before with your classmates. have a cigarette on your way to the test site. if you don't smoke, have 2, so you can get used to the second one. Make sure you are studying until 3 am the night before.... that's where the real drinking happens, since it will be after you have gone bar hopping, and you can study with your classmates since you were all at the bar together. If you feel yourself getting drowsy, try some four loko or another super caffeinated beverage.

OP
OP
Gustavo

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
drink 4 shots of whiskey before the exam, especially if you are nervous. make sure you go out bar hopping the night before with your classmates. have a cigarette on your way to the test site. if you don't smoke, have 2, so you can get used to the second one. Make sure you are studying until 3 am the night before.... that's where the real drinking happens, since it will be after you have gone bar hopping, and you can study with your classmates since you were all at the bar together. If you feel yourself getting drowsy, try some four loko or another super caffeinated beverage.
That's my go too.I was thinking maybe just take shots while taking the test?