tablet pc call sheets

mrdell4150

Forum Crew Member
Hello, Does anyone's squad here use a tablet pc for their call sheets? We currently use a paper and pen method but we are thinking of switching to a tablet pc. It would have input for all the times, you push on location and it stamps the time, maps/directions to the call, depending on what the dispatch was it would come up with possibly problems and what to look for. It will also have all the information that the emt field guide has such as common medicines and what they are for, etc. Has this worked out good or bad for anyone? The tablet pcs would obviously be waterproof, shock proof (dropping it) etc.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
go ambupro and youll never look back

ambupro.net

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
We have one called EMS Pro. It's better than paper and pen...sometimes...

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
we're using stone tablets.

Ok, not that bad... just paper. Technology can be great, but sometimes it can just get in the way of things.

Although, FileMaker Mobile might be a great way to come up with a quick PCR type thing. But it all boils down to cost - fancy hardware can fail when you least expect it and always at the worst possible time.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I would think it would be difficult to press down hard with a chisel to make 3 copies!!:p :p :p

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
and a bigger hammer

jedirye

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a brand new EMT, but when I had my clinicals our department had the Panasonic Toughbooks. Look into them, they are nice and actually very durable (tested myself on accident... :blush: )

Spring Hill Fire Department (Florida)

-rye

BloodNGlory02

Forum Crew Member
My department recently put the toughbooks into service using the zoll program rescuenet. its pretty handy, helps those who can't spell for crap. Its a little frustrating at first until you have it "customized" to your squad. We had to add a lot of things here and there, but its pretty fuctional now. once you get the hang of it you can have the report done in about 8 minutes.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Never thought I would hear myself saying this, but I have to add my vote for the Panasonic/Zoll combo. I was a dyed-in-the-wool, hard core, old school paperwork junkie who had the Panasonics stuffed down my throat. Surprisingly, after a couple weeks I had learned some shortcuts and can now do a PCR on the PC as fast as I could with the forms. They aren't perfect, but definitely workable.

ecampvet

Forum Ride Along
just say no to Zoll

We are a one-truck service and often there isn't the luxury of being able to finish a Zoll pcr entry before the next call and often I find myself with 2-3 reports to do and fighting with their software instead of catching up on sleep after running all night. Like I heard somwhere, Zoll is a four-letter word!

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Unless RescuNet is customized to your needs it sucks. It was never intended to be used off the shelf. Set it up for you needs and it's the mixed-breed's sex organs.

Joe

Forum Captain
We are a one-truck service and often there isn't the luxury of being able to finish a Zoll pcr entry before the next call and often I find myself with 2-3 reports to do and fighting with their software instead of catching up on sleep after running all night. Like I heard somwhere, Zoll is a four-letter word!

this... anything zoll sucks big time. there monitors are absolutely horrible too

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
this... anything zoll sucks big time. there monitors are absolutely horrible too

That's a pretty bold statement considering there are Zoll products everywhere. I'm pretty sure every crash cart at all 4 of our hospitals has a zoll monitor.

We us Philips mRx monitors and Health EMS charting so I have 0 affiliation with Zoll.