Stuck on job offers

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
We’re currently paying $22/hour to start for medics functioning as a single provider on an ALS squad intercepting with BLS units. Just saying.
My wife just said no... :(

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We’re currently paying $22/hour to start for medics functioning as a single provider on an ALS squad intercepting with BLS units. Just saying.

Don’t tease me like that bro, you know I’m afraid of snow!
Seriously though that sounds amazing and I wish family was in that direction instead of west/north.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I did apply there part time for a shift per week to just get 911 experience and then pay my bills with the IFT gig.

don't forget Amr Riverside is union. I believe they called it "all in" your contribution isn't less because you're part time. I was part time at Amr and only took home $25 one paycheck after everything was deducted. also my commute was approx 35 miles one way hence why I left and worked my IFT gig part time through RN school. to make it worth while you'd have to work at a non union division such as hemet or Palm Springs; again there's the commute you factor in too.

just fyi with your long term goals. it will require "minimum" 911 time. as someone who advised me years ago who worked for a HEMS company its all in your interview. they can weed out who hasn't had enough 911 experience or cct experience.

I know you're in a tough pickle right now. have you ran the numbers on working for Liberty Ridgcrest, Morongo Basin Amb. somewhere that does 48s or 72s to help alleviated how often you commute while offering the best experience you can get in cali? what about Sb Co AO? also my opinion with regards to your long term goals; you wouldn't want solely OC Ems experience anyways. I think you should find a county that allows you to be a critical thinking provider with a wider scope.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
don't forget Amr Riverside is union. I believe they called it "all in" your contribution isn't less because you're part time. I was part time at Amr and only took home $25 one paycheck after everything was deducted. also my commute was approx 35 miles one way hence why I left and worked my IFT gig part time through RN school. to make it worth while you'd have to work at a non union division such as hemet or Palm Springs; again there's the commute you factor in too.

just fyi with your long term goals. it will require "minimum" 911 time. as someone who advised me years ago who worked for a HEMS company its all in your interview. they can weed out who hasn't had enough 911 experience or cct experience.

I know you're in a tough pickle right now. have you ran the numbers on working for Liberty Ridgcrest, Morongo Basin Amb. somewhere that does 48s or 72s to help alleviated how often you commute while offering the best experience you can get in cali? what about Sb Co AO? also my opinion with regards to your long term goals; you wouldn't want solely OC Ems experience anyways. I think you should find a county that allows you to be a critical thinking provider with a wider scope.

Oh I totally forgot about the union they got going on. I was told to hold off on liberty ridgecrest due to them being bought by the local hospital and changes happening. I have applied to riggs, American Fresno and sequoia safety council though and looked up San Bernardino AO but didn’t see any current openings yet.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Delano Ambulance might also work for you (no firsthand experience with them). They do see a lot of acutely injured patients.

Then there’s obviously the Tulare Co. companies. One of the Imperial paramedics that used to work for us just finished nursing school. Said they’re super accommodating and plans on keeping both his RN job and medic job for now.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Delano Ambulance might also work for you (no firsthand experience with them). They do see a lot of acutely injured patients.

Then also there’s obviously the Tulare Co. companies. One of the Imperial paramedics that used to work for us just finished nursing school. Said they’re super accommodating and plans on keeping both his RN job and medic job for now.

They seemed great! I interviewed with imperial the other week and everything went great until I did my Fitness exam. Consisted of just a X-ray of my spine? Turns out I have very minor scoliosis that the doctor stated wasn’t significant. But any spine abnormality is a disqualification apparently due to them having previous incidents of back injuries.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Which is silly because that’s literally all of humanity