Stay or Go

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
I need some advice. I am so confused and at this point I really don't know what to do. As I said before I volunteer at my local rescue squad. Well I love that rescue squad and all but there is this one person I can't stand. He is my ex and he is set on making my life miserable. I don't want to be around him, don't want to see him, and I don't want to hear about him. I was thinking about joining another rescue squad which I also love and I won't have to put up with him but it is further away. And then theres the fact I like most people I run with at my local squad. So do I stay or do I go? I don't know what to do. :sad:

fiddlesticks

Forum Crew Member
well if i were you i would stick it out. unless the other job is just at good or better. but why should you be the one to go? if you really like it there and can avoid him or put up with it. then i say go a head and stay. i have had to work with an ex before not in ems but another job and i stayed cause i liked the job and co workers. but what it comes down to is can u put up with it? my hubby works in ems and if anything happened to us, i would stay i have just as much right to stay as he would and so do u :)

medic417

The Truth Provider
As it is not your job I say go. Maybe you should post this on your blog to discuss more in depth.

OP
OP
Miss EMT

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
what is this blog thing everybody keeps talking about? yet again so confused :blush:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Make HIS life hell.

Like the ol' war maixim goes: "Don't die for your country, make the other poor :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: die for his". Make HIM relocate away from where he loves. Make HIM suffer.

But that's just me.

OP
OP
Miss EMT

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
I would like to make him suffer he deserves it but thats not my job. I am on this earth to help people and serve God. God will take care of him.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
by making each others lives miserable you then defeat the purpose of focusing your attention on the PT. I say bring it up with HR or whatever you've got. If all else fails... leave... if he follows... then bring the issue up to whoever manages you at your new station and make them aware of the problem.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
More chick drama. :rolleyes: Be the adult and ignore him. It's not paying your bills, so either ignore it or leave.

OP
OP
Miss EMT

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
unfortunatly he will never leave me be and it doesn't help that we have to go to school together

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What is he doing to make your life miserable?

Depending on what it is, there can be legal ramifications...

Achromatic

Forum Lieutenant
I would have a word to your HR, or your teachers, especially if you have tangible examples of his activities.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
This reminds me of high school. <_<

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
If you have brothers get them to tell him to leave you alone. If you don't want to do that or don't have brothers then tell your squad commander to have a word with him.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
This reminds me of high school. <_<

Me as well. Be an adult. The public should not have to suffer for whatever the issue is between the two of you. Either take it to the top, ignore it, or move on. Next time, keep work and personal life separate.

fiddlesticks

Forum Crew Member
Me as well. Be an adult. The public should not have to suffer for whatever the issue is between the two of you. Either take it to the top, ignore it, or move on. Next time, keep work and personal life separate.

I dont see anything wrong with a relationship with a co worker. my husband is also a paramedic, and alot of ppl are married or dating with this company. i think it. but you need to do what is going to make you happy and im sure it hasn't or wouldn't effect your or his pt care.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
My husband is a paramedic as well and we have been working at the same company for years. The major difference between your situation and our situation: we're adults. Our personal life is personal, and our professional life is professional. You two need to grow up.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I dont see anything wrong with a relationship with a co worker. my husband is also a paramedic, and alot of ppl are married or dating with this company. i think it. but you need to do what is going to make you happy and im sure it hasn't or wouldn't effect your or his pt care.

It can work. But only with maturity. Until you have that, you shouldn't dip in the work pool, IMHO.

My husband is a paramedic as well and we have been working at the same company for years. The major difference between your situation and our situation: we're adults. Our personal life is personal, and our professional life is professional. You two need to grow up.

Perfect example of how it can be done and why it works.