St.Paul, Minneapolis job searching

Medicgirli87

Forum Probie
Hey all,
Just starting to see what's out there job wise. I'm not from Minnesota( Texas gal) but live here now and I've done plenty of research on job opportunities in the area. Any reccomendations on "good" places, hospitals ambulance companies to work for? There's many to choose from and I'm sure after I get state certified I'll apply to all....just curious if anyone has any recommendations:) Thanks in advance and Happy Easter [emoji182]

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all,
Just starting to see what's out there job wise. I'm not from Minnesota( Texas gal) but live here now and I've done plenty of research on job opportunities in the area. Any reccomendations on "good" places, hospitals ambulance companies to work for? There's many to choose from and I'm sure after I get state certified I'll apply to all....just curious if anyone has any recommendations:) Thanks in advance and Happy Easter [emoji182]

Hey there! I'm starting my 3rd week as a full-fledged paramedic. I did my paramedic internship with North Memorial Ambulance, which is located in Brooklyn Park, MN, but covers a HUGE swath of the North Metro area. They were fantastic. Their protocols are quite aggressive, up-to-date, and they have so many new devices and equipment that make the job so much easier. I fell in love with it. I chose not to move there and take a job with them for personal and financial reasons, but I would recommend them. I did notice morale there is pretty low. They have some internal fighting going on over scheduling and pay between critical care medics that fly and those that work the ambulance. They start new medics at around $21.50 an hour.

The other major service is Hennepin County. They are great, too. The chief selling point people kept giving me is that Hennepin is a county service and therefore county benefits, which are great, and a county pension plan, which is AMAZING. So, if I were to move up there and knew I would be staying for quite some time, I would go with Hennepin. They also start their new medics off at over $20/hr.

That's my two cents.

Cheers,
M.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Also heard good things about Allina Health at conferences and whatnot.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
I agree with tigger, go for Allina. My partner is a Security Officer for Allina and they treat her great. Not an EMT but overall the company itself, from what my partner says, is fantastic. I know they are one of my personal top picks.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just to be clear I have no experience with the company, just met some good people from there.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
I have worked for Allina for a long time. I think it is a very good company to work for. I am treated fairly and feel supported by the upper management.

They hire EMTs for both ambulance and ERs. Since you are new to the area I would even consider starting out driving a wheelchair van to get familiar with the area and the company.

OP
OP
Medicgirli87

Medicgirli87

Forum Probie
I have worked for Allina for a long time. I think it is a very good company to work for. I am treated fairly and feel supported by the upper management.

They hire EMTs for both ambulance and ERs. Since you are new to the area I would even consider starting out driving a wheelchair van to get familiar with the area and the company.
Thank you! Yes that is what I was considering or start as an ER tech. Heard great things about Allina. [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk