So how old.

mm505

Forum Crew Member
I was 25-34 the first time around, 57 and back in school to make it a second time!

LifelongEMT

Forum Crew Member
I Started in Fire service at 15 as a "JR Firefighter" By 18 had a stack of certs that very few have. high angle rescue , Survival,smoke divers Etc.. Went To EMT school When i was 18 Graduated and passed registry Just before 19 Ill be 21 next month and a few days ANd have been a Firefighter EMT at a Paid department as well as work for a private service that runs transfer as well as 911 calls. I can drive a 300k tanker but my private service i cant drive an 80k ambulance because im not yet 21... How Crappy is that.:glare:

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I Started in Fire service at 15 as a "JR Firefighter" By 18 had a stack of certs that very few have. high angle rescue , Survival,smoke divers Etc.. Went To EMT school When i was 18 Graduated and passed registry Just before 19 Ill be 21 next month and a few days ANd have been a Firefighter EMT at a Paid department as well as work for a private service that runs transfer as well as 911 calls. I can drive a 300k tanker but my private service i cant drive an 80k ambulance because im not yet 21... How Crappy is that.:glare:

Patience, In do time :)

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
"Guess I'll have to tech this one, you drive".

Not a bad spot.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
"Guess I'll have to tech this one, you drive".

Not a bad spot.

That is of course until you've teched every call for three straight months. From the BLS side of things, that's too much. On the upside I got very good at writing a good PCR quickly.

LifelongEMT

Forum Crew Member
That is of course until you've teched every call for three straight months. From the BLS side of things, that's too much. On the upside I got very good at writing a good PCR quickly.

Iv road every call for just over a year, Thank God i only have a month and some change! But yes i can right a Pcr Like nobodys business

Anjel

Forum Angel
I teched every call for three months. I didn't have driving status.

Most miserable three months ever.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Iv road every call for just over a year, Thank God i only have a month and some change! But yes i can right a Pcr Like nobodys business

If the above is how you write you're PCRs then I am also shaking my head.

BADDLEGG

Forum Probie
To OP. I am 31 starting EMT I in the fall of 2012. I got my Basic a year ago and have been avoiding EMS for money. I came from a mechanical background. I have made good money. I have been blessed with an opportunity to work in EMS. Many a door was opened for me. I agree with a few people who state that its all about living with in your means. I have been blessed with a trophy wife, a gorgeous daughter, recently a home, good automobiles and etc. God has provided all I need and then not just some but an abundance. If people would only realize how rich we are compared to other countries (most other countries). The person who make min wage (me) is absolutely rich compared to 80 percent of the other world. Its all in where your hope is at. I tell you the truth this job has opened my eyes to how blessed I am. My first call was to take a gentleman to the hospital who rolled his power wheelchair over his foot and heard a pop. He was 29 and paralyzed from the neck down because he fell off a roof 2 years ago. WOW. He cant feed him self, bathe himself, wipe himself, earn any income at all, support a family, or drive. He would trade anything to trade places with me even on my worst days. He will provide. You can do it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
EMS is one of the only fields where you can literally go from the richest person to the poorest, from the best conditions on Earth to some of the worst, and see the exact same problems and reactions.

BADDLEGG

Forum Probie
Its crazy. My eyes have truly been opened up to what real life for other people is. I know some can change it but others cannot, brain damage, paralysis, disease, old age, etc. I grew up helping pay bills at a young age so my single parent could keep our one bed room apartment. I thought I knew what poor was. I was sadly mistaken. I thought I had bad days, no money, no new clothes, nothing but ravioli or ramen noodles to eat. I DONT KNOW WHAT A BAD DAYS ARE, OR WHAT POOR IS, OR WHAT SICK IS. God has provided all I need and then an over abundance.