So, all you snow bunnies (ski area etc workers)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
How is the current winter looking? IS any snow sticking around or just melting/washing off?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Guess they're out shoveling or working on their tans!:cool:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well I don't work in the mountains (not this year anyway), but not much shoveling is occurring in Colorado right now. We're in a drought, and while it's cold enough to make snow, the ski areas have very few runs open and off trail or backcountry is pretty out of the question right now.

The forecasters at opensnow.com are starting to get a bit more optimistic though, and their all I even come close to trusting so that's good.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Yea, we need some snow. :wacko:

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I was skiing in Breck on nov 14, but they haven't gotten much snow until now. I may go back next week for some skiing.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I was skiing in Breck on nov 14, but they haven't gotten much snow until now. I may go back next week for some skiing.

I've been hitting Summit County for the last three weeks, but it seems like not a single trail has opened since my first day.

Last weekend last year I was skiing waste deep pow at Wolf Creek, the only good days of my season.

The ski patrols sure look busy dealing with all the collisions that occur when so many people of varying abilities are packed onto the same icy runs. Hopefully that'll be me next winter.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I'd like to hit up Snowmass/ Aspen, anyone wanna split a cabin?

Summit

Critical Crazy
In the US: Idaho, Jackson, Washington, and some of Tahoe have snow. CO, UT, MT, and NM do not have snow.

You could also go to France, Italy, or British Columbia.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Snow is sticking here, took the sled out and was playing in knee to thigh deep fresh in some places. They are calling for more here soon. Haven't been skiing yet though.

From what I hear its mostly man made but there are some good parks up.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Way to go, CFal!

Luno

OG
Premium Member
We're about to kick off, starting tomorrow, ready, fire, aim... ;)

flhtci01

Forum Captain
I patrol. Have three days of skiing in and laid off this week due to warm (60-70 degree) weather. Maybe back to work on Monday.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
for the person who post UT has no snow; the northern ski resorts have been open since before thanksgiving with snow (natural) and more this weekend

FLdoc2011

Forum Captain
I think it in the past week or so I got a "powder alert" email from Ski Alta near Salt Lake City..... Can't be that bad... ;)