Skills Review

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I was just wondering how often on your squad or where you work do you have skills review? What do you do for review? February, June, and October is when we do ours here. Except we didnt get to it in June because we were so busy so its this month and then October. We usually go through some scenarios and practice some of the different skills we're allowed to do. This way the training officer knows where we all are, and how comfortable he are placing us on a crew.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
In theory, at the FD, we have 3 drills per month. We usually get one solid EMS drill out of it, for the other drills we go over whatever the squad would like to work on while we standby for the FD's drill.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Oops, almost forgot. At the Corps we drill once a month, but not always skills, some are lecture.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Once or twice a month, depending upon how many EMS training sessions we have scheduled.

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I forgot that we have monthly meetings that include training.

And look, this is my 400th post!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Fire Co... training every monday, except for once a month for the Co. Meeting... we try to do an EMS related drill at least once every 4-5 drill nights... sometimes it is traction splinting, KED, etc... sometimes "lets cut a car up". Also, HIPPA for new members, ALS assitance and Epi-Pen, etc.

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm surprised to see how often you guys train.

Every year we have to do the AHA BLS course / testing, and we have mandatory CE packets every month, but we only do a skills review once a year.

Which tube of the combitube was I supposed to fill first again? B)

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
I have friend on the local rescue squad and I asked him, he said they have a drill once a month, and they have a madatory squad meeting once a month following the drill. So basically they meet 2x month.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Our squad has one meeting a month that is business and training. The fire department has two meetings one business and one is training. As for the skill review we haven't done a full skill review in a long time. They were suppose to be doing skill stations this last summer but that never happened.