Show me your ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

HNcorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
i have tattoos and some are visible with a short sleeve t-shirt on.... i am about to get a japanese half sleeve that ends right above my elbow... this is as low as i will go on my arm for the sole purpose of getting hired on EMS when i get out of the navy... what i would really want is a japanese 3/4 sleeve but i wont do it because i KNOW it will be frowned upon in the EMS service. yeah it might not be fair that they wont hire you because you have visible ink but i do understand where they are coming from... its not about the people that hire you its about your PTs and their view of you... if you dont look presentable to your PTs than you wont get hired...

VentMedic

Forum Chief
*snort* I doubt that a dragonfly is going to serious offend someone while I'm busy saving their life. And very fortunate that I live in a liberal and open minded part of the US.

What percentage of your patients will be dead or almost dead? You may find that 90% of your patients will be alert and aware of their healthcare providers. They may not know your name or title but they will remember something that stands out about you like dragonflies on your body.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
This was something I had to realize when I moved into EMS. A week before I entered school for basic (in 2006) I had: a labret (lower lip dead center, above chin), two eyebrow, and 'guaged' ears. It was fine up to that point, I worked in IT and in the consulting firm I worked for I worked backend and never saw customers. My work attire was whatever I threw on that day.

Once I got into EMS I removed all my piercings and my ears have gone back to a normal size, I still have the small pinpoint holes that anyone with a piercing has. I still want to get a couple tattoos but placement is an issue as well I debate if I want something on my body forever (way too many 'regret' tattoos).

However all the work in this thread is pretty nice. :)

dragonjbynight

Forum Crew Member
I have two myself, a dragon on the left arm and chinese symbol for the dragon on the right(i even checked with the local China buffet owner to make sure thats what it meant) While I agree that you should be judged on your talent and not your appearence, I also understand that that is not necessarily the case and whenever people ask, i always reccommend that it be somewhere that can be easily covered.

My next one will be after I pass class and recieve my EMT, the dragon symbol will be encircled by a Star on fire.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
My most recent on my right shoulder blade

attachment.php

Attachments

• 05-29-08_1852.jpg
    05-29-08_1852.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,495

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I have 2 tattoo's that are easily covered. One decent sized one in between my shoulders, and one on my lower back. I'm sure I wont get anymore, but I would never get a tattoo that I couldnt cover up with normal attire.
I'm sure one day in the future tattoo's will become the norm. and that most will have. Or it could fade an be a bad FAD....

Attachments

• DSC00999.jpg
    DSC00999.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 731
  • DSC00984.jpg
    DSC00984.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 796
  • DSC01002.jpg
    DSC01002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 733

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
I have 2 tattoo's that are easily covered. One decent sized one in between my shoulders, and one on my lower back. I'm sure I wont get anymore, but I would never get a tattoo that I couldnt cover up with normal attire.
I'm sure one day in the future tattoo's will become the norm. and that most will have. Or it could fade an be a bad FAD....

I've got 3 and all 3 can be covered up. I'm not ready to stop yet though. Very nice umm....tattoo's :p

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I've got 3 and all 3 can be covered up. I'm not ready to stop yet though. Very nice umm....tattoo's :p

Thank you! I enjoy tattoos. The pain just gets to me!!! LOL. It was 5yrs between the two of them cause the first one i got (lower back) I had gotten needle shock, and was sick for awhile! It was horrible, so I decided to go get my second tattoo when I was having a road bump in my life an wanted a change.
Do you have any pictures of yours?

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you! I enjoy tattoos. The pain just gets to me!!! LOL. It was 5yrs between the two of them cause the first one i got (lower back) I had gotten needle shock, and was sick for awhile! It was horrible, so I decided to go get my second tattoo when I was having a road bump in my life an wanted a change.
Do you have any pictures of yours?

My latest one is the star of life posted a few threads above.

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, thats nice! I would really like to get an EMS tattoo, maybe on my hip, but that will be a while down the road if I chose to. LOL Takes me awhile to forget the pain.

Yeah, I've been in EMS for over 13 years now and I'm a Life Member in my squad so I figured I owed it to myself. Pain is only temporary :D

DawnParr

Forum Crew Member
I have three. All are easily covered :) The first one is on my right shoulder and the other two are obviously on my big toes.

Attachments

• Dawn with flower.JPG
    Dawn with flower.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 644
  • both tats1.JPG
    both tats1.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 613

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I have three. All are easily covered :) The first one is on my right shoulder and the other two are obviously on my big toes.

I'm surprised the ink stuck there on that part of your foot. Did you ever have to touch it up? I had to go over both my feet tats twice, but they are lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.