Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Hey Guys, I'm leaving in about 8 hours. I went throuugh SRCA and it took me since June, so hang in there. Even as long as it took, it's hard to believe that it has finally come around. Oh, and with the degree thing, they already had my college degree, and I still had to get my High School transcripts after that. It's just the way it is. See you guys over there and feel free to ask me questions or share information as soon as I get internet access. Hope this works out for all of us.
Ok do we need both the HS Diploma and HS transcripts? And Regarding College Transcripts, Can they be copies or do they I need them sent to me in sealed envelopes?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
For the stuff that your emailing for your preliminary offer, scanned copies will be fine. For the stuff your mailing in for the work Visa, college transcripts will need to be official sealed. They do not require high school transcripts just your diploma with the raised seal.
If you have a degree some guys are having to get that verified from 3rd party service for the visa guy.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
For the stuff that your emailing for your preliminary offer, scanned copies will be fine. For the stuff your mailing in for the work Visa, college transcripts will need to be official sealed. They do not require high school transcripts just your diploma with the raised seal.
If you have a degree some guys are having to get that verified from 3rd party service for the visa guy.
Awesome. That helps out a lot.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Compound living

Thx alelkins I see you have a child as well. I'm just a little concerned about what the accomodations are going to be like for the family. I personally would be happy with a one room abode, but my wife and kids would not last long if they are'nt comfortable.

Anyone else on the ground over there able to find out what the status of future compound accomodations will be?
I understand your concern about the living conditions. Our only concern with housing is security. Our thoughts are that as long as we are together we can make anywhere home, and we can make anything clean and liveable.

Christy Elkins

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Thought I would update everyone. So I have completed my physical,lab work, xrays, background check, notarized employer letters, notarized color copies of all certs and licences a long with all originals , new passport, have all official college sealed transcripts from all 4 colleges, have my official high school diploma copy, 3 letters of reference and whatever else I am forgetting to mention.

I had some communication problems a couple weeks back. I thought I was getting my visa paper work... but the SRCA requested a few more things I had to order and track down (like my high school diploma) I was told they are approving my authorization letter and mailing me my visa paper work "ASAP" When that arrives I have everything completed and waiting, Ill put into a 2nd day air envelope and will send it to the Visa handler in D/C. So unless some more unforeseen problems arise, I should be catching up with everyone. I am starting a blog also and will post that information when I get my plane tickets

ameriki

Forum Probie
Don't worry about security over here. We have been here for 2 years and have had no issues at all related to our safety. You will need to worry about crazy drivers more than terrorists. As far as accomodations.....they are still working on that but don't worry. They will put families in proper accomodations as soon as possible. You may be in a hotel for a few weeks (we were.....2 bedroom / 2 bath / living room / kitchen...more like a small apartment) but you will be taken care of.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Thought I would update everyone. So I have completed my physical,lab work, xrays, background check, notarized employer letters, notarized color copies of all certs and licences a long with all originals , new passport, have all official college sealed transcripts from all 4 colleges, have my official high school diploma copy, 3 letters of reference and whatever else I am forgetting to mention.

I had some communication problems a couple weeks back. I thought I was getting my visa paper work... but the SRCA requested a few more things I had to order and track down (like my high school diploma) I was told they are approving my authorization letter and mailing me my visa paper work "ASAP" When that arrives I have everything completed and waiting, Ill put into a 2nd day air envelope and will send it to the Visa handler in D/C. So unless some more unforeseen problems arise, I should be catching up with everyone. I am starting a blog also and will post that information when I get my plane tickets
That's Awesome. I was just thinking today that I would write a similar email outlining all of the preliminary items needed that you just mentioned. I am about half way there to getting all these items. I am not experiencing many complications save one or two employers not willing to take the time to get my employment verification letter notarized. I am not sure how I am going to remedy this issue.

I am likely going to take the verification letter and take it and get it notarized by me. I hope that will satisfy the requirement. Can anyone advise on this?

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Don't worry about security over here. We have been here for 2 years and have had no issues at all related to our safety. You will need to worry about crazy drivers more than terrorists. As far as accomodations.....they are still working on that but don't worry. They will put families in proper accomodations as soon as possible. You may be in a hotel for a few weeks (we were.....2 bedroom / 2 bath / living room / kitchen...more like a small apartment) but you will be taken care of.
Thanks for the accomodations info. And I did get a recent reply from SRCA HR indicating that they are currently housing expats in a temp 12-2 bedroom unit compound with them currently looking to get a bigger compound.

Hoppymedic

Forum Crew Member
I have an issue with my diploma.... I dont have it... I have all the transcripts but my diploma was distroyed and the school board said that they do not have any copies... any help would be great... but they have everything other than that and I am not sure if that is why I have not herd back from them, the last commo I had was that they recieved my info and would be looking it over

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
I have an issue with my diploma.... I dont have it... I have all the transcripts but my diploma was distroyed and the school board said that they do not have any copies... any help would be great... but they have everything other than that and I am not sure if that is why I have not herd back from them, the last commo I had was that they recieved my info and would be looking it over
Here is what I can tell you. For my inital round of paperwork to even get a job offer they specifically requested a copy of my diploma. I have clarified the need for the diploma and not transcripts with others on this site. I believe, other correct me on this, it has to do with getting your work visa. Without going back and searching the posts on this thread, I believe I remember someone stating this. In your particular situation, I would just email them about this particular situation and give them an opportunity to work out a solution. They have been pretty good about getting back to me with questions. Sometimes it does take 4-5 days before they reply. Look at your college transcripts, I know on one of mine it indicated my HS on it and showed my HS as a qualifier to get accepted to that college. Another thing would be to look into who previously did the actual work of duplicating the diploma. When I contacted my HS they sent me to a secondary company that does all of their past and current diplomas. Maybe they still exist. Just contact what ever HS is standing in your home town and ask them. Maybe someone on this thread could provide any additional info to help out HoppyMedic.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
My high school diploma was also destroyed or lost. I just ordered a copy from the Oregon state board of education. I got mine in 1999 and they sent me a brand new one last month with a gold raised seal on it just like the original for 5 bucks. Contact these guys http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/ and if that does not work contact your old high school directly. Someone somewhere has to have a record of you graduating high school and someone somewhere has to be able to provide proof of that, hopefully in the form a new diploma

NJmedic3250

Forum Crew Member
Not sure what everyone else that is waiting for their visa has heard, but I spoke with Gaby today and she said that the consulate is only processing 2 visas a week. That is the holdup... Just thought I'd throw that in there.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Visa paperwork

When sending your paperwork to the visa handler be sure to send a copy of your National Registry Certificate (the one with the gold seal) in addition to a copy of your licensure.

We did speak with someone at Visa Obtainers yesterday. They told us that our Visas should be approved by next Wednesday, so we are hoping to get them back to us maybe by Friday.

Al & Christy

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
not sure what everyone else that is waiting for their visa has heard, but i spoke with gaby today and she said that the consulate is only processing 2 visas a week. That is the holdup... Just thought i'd throw that in there.

lame!

ameriki

Forum Probie
Missing diplomas

It seems that lots of you will have problems locating your diplomas. If this is a problem for you....get an official letter (is there any other kind) from the school board / educational institution that states that you passed all requirements for graduation, when you graduated, etc..... Have this authenticated, notarized, and everything else along with the rest of your papers. A cover letter from you explaining that you are substituting the letter for the diploma is also a VERY good idea. If anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Ameriki, do you miss us as much as we miss you? I can't believe I am seeing you here...you are on vacation for crying out loud!

Hope all is well, can't wait for you guys to get back...see you next week!

TE

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
Not sure what everyone else that is waiting for their visa has heard, but I spoke with Gaby today and she said that the consulate is only processing 2 visas a week. That is the holdup... Just thought I'd throw that in there.

They must operate Saudi work rules:unsure: in the consulate. Get used to it guys. see ya time to hit the pool as summer is already here:)

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Travis or Amer

What meds are currently available on the ground units? Are you currently using 12 leads?

NJmedic3250

Forum Crew Member
They must operate Saudi work rules:unsure: in the consulate. Get used to it guys. see ya time to hit the pool as summer is already here:)

Haha they do without a doubt. I will have no issue with the layed back approach when I get there. But until I can also say what you just said in your last sentance, I'm going to try and push along my visa as fast as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.