Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Nice, who is the handler that your dealing with? If you have any questions drop me a PM and I'll see if I can't answer them. I have been here Three weeks now. I just got my Paramedic through the Health Ministry Yesterday.

Defibber

Forum Ride Along
Paramedic License Expiration

I am looking at the idea of coming to Saudi Arabia to work as a Paramedic, but I may have one problem. My license expires a year from now and supposedly I can't apply to re-license until November. I actually have all my requirements and them some. Not sure how that would effect me. I have been a Paramedic since 1996 and never had a problem, so I don't see any problems with this next license application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Defibber

Forum Ride Along
Can I kill a thread or what?? I seem to have this effect on a lot of forums. Anyone heard any other news from Saudi Arabia?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeh I heard something.

I actually got an email today from the SRCA reminding me to send in my paperwork if I wish to join their team!! LOL...

2easy4u

Forum Crew Member
Roger That

SRCA cannot be trusted. Even if you have it in writing. Oh and by the way does any body have a PH # to the SRCA. I would like to divert all the nasty phone calls from my creditors to them. Perhaps it will prompt them to pay me the money that they owe me.

2easy4u

Forum Crew Member
Thanks

I have that # posted on my phones. And as they call me wanting payment I will refer them to that # and tell them to ask for DR Rasheed.

Motojunkie

Forum Lieutenant
Yeh I heard something.

I actually got an email today from the SRCA reminding me to send in my paperwork if I wish to join their team!! LOL...

They're operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for aggressive expansion!
joker.jpg

2easy4u

Forum Crew Member
Perhaps Not

After they lure western medics in and turn them into slave labor, maybe. Legitimately, no they will stay as the obtuse organization of the world.

LawKev

Forum Crew Member
Srca

Hi,

I'm studying to take the EMT-B exam. I'm interested in working in Saudi or ALMOST any arabic speaking country. Years ago I was accepted to a school in Saudi but I only stayed for a few months. I would say i'm pretty fluent in the language and I mean classical. I read that the SRCA requires 2-4 years as a Paramedic. Does this have to be a degree or is a certificate ok? How strict are they in their selection process? Is it very competitive? What are some of the requirements other than what is listed on their site?

Thanks in advance

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Hi,

I'm studying to take the EMT-B exam. I'm interested in working in Saudi or ALMOST any arabic speaking country. Years ago I was accepted to a school in Saudi but I only stayed for a few months. I would say i'm pretty fluent in the language and I mean classical. I read that the SRCA requires 2-4 years as a Paramedic. Does this have to be a degree or is a certificate ok? How strict are they in their selection process? Is it very competitive? What are some of the requirements other than what is listed on their site?

Thanks in advance

There are only 82 pages in this thread... you NEED TO READ THEM ALL. The information you want/need is there, so do yourself a favor and take a couple of hours to carefully read all 82+ pages. You will be better off for it, and more prepared to make a well informed decision about contracting with the SRCA. Best of luck to you

LawKev

Forum Crew Member
Thanks. When I went to school in Saudi it was a similar run around getting documents notorized, translated, criminal background check, sending my passport to the embassy and waiting for my passport to arrive with the visa and plane ticket. I guess its a e-ticket these days. I was there in 2000 before 9/11.

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
It is getting hot. ;)

GETTING HOT????
What Saudi Arabia are you in? It's been raining here everyday for the last couple weeks..flooding!! I was at a tent city outside of Riyadh today that all i could see was the top of the tents!
Feels more like Florida with the rain and Humidity lately.
BUT still love it! " Living the Dream!"

Medic13

Forum Ride Along
Looking for information

I have read many of the threads. Can anyone say specifically state how much money they are making? What kind of living conditions are available? What does the job entail? Can a family live their? Job responsibilities? Did anyone bring a family over? US taxes? Has anyone been killed for any reason? Anything that is in the day and life. What are some of your experiences?!

Thanks

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I have read many of the threads. Can anyone say specifically state how much money they are making? What kind of living conditions are available? What does the job entail? Can a family live their? Job responsibilities? Did anyone bring a family over? US taxes? Has anyone been killed for any reason? Anything that is in the day and life. What are some of your experiences?!

Thanks

In regards to salary, it was posted. The pay was *up to 17000 SAR a month which is about 4500 US a month. Not a lot of money in the contract world as most make that back home...so money needs not to be your motivator for this adventure.

Living conditions have been commented on as well...you need to go back and read.

Yes families can live there, many posts on that and those who took families over. Also, posts on what your wives and/or children will be forced to endure.

Job responsibilities they can answer.

US Taxes: I wrote about this myself. You are able to claim tax free status on the first 91400 USD earned (which at that salary you wont come close) provided that you remain OUTSIDE the USA 330 days in a 12 month period.

Thats right, to avoid taxes, you can only visit the USA 35 days in a 12 month period. So you may wish to not visit family or friends for a year because you do not want to risk your tax free status. You want to save thsoe days for emergencies. Someone gets ill, dies, or you need to go home buy a house or take care of matters such as that...that is what you save your days for.

So if you don't go home, what do you do. Well, you travel. You see the world. Of course you aren't being paid while on holiday, so now you are taking less pay in and spending more on your travels. That 4500/month goes pretty darn fast.

Good Luck!

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
In regards to salary, it was posted. The pay was *up to 17000 SAR a month which is about 4500 US a month. Not a lot of money in the contract world as most make that back home...so money needs not to be your motivator for this adventure.

Living conditions have been commented on as well...you need to go back and read.

Yes families can live there, many posts on that and those who took families over. Also, posts on what your wives and/or children will be forced to endure.

Job responsibilities they can answer.

US Taxes: I wrote about this myself. You are able to claim tax free status on the first 91400 USD earned (which at that salary you wont come close) provided that you remain OUTSIDE the USA 330 days in a 12 month period.

Thats right, to avoid taxes, you can only visit the USA 35 days in a 12 month period. So you may wish to not visit family or friends for a year because you do not want to risk your tax free status. You want to save thsoe days for emergencies. Someone gets ill, dies, or you need to go home buy a house or take care of matters such as that...that is what you save your days for.

So if you don't go home, what do you do. Well, you travel. You see the world. Of course you aren't being paid while on holiday, so now you are taking less pay in and spending more on your travels. That 4500/month goes pretty darn fast.

Good Luck!

The pay can be more than 17k SAR monthly, up to almost double that figure (based on experience)

Job responsibilities are just like being a paramedic anywhere, except you don't typically have as much to work with here (fewer drugs and equipment)

My contract allows 30 days paid leave annually (remember your working 4on/4off so that equates to 15 days actually paid) plus comp time for holidays worked

I can say that aside from the relocation bonus not being paid, SRCA has honored their offer to me. I have worked for several companies over the years that changed the music mid-dance so I've seen that before. The SRCA Self Operation Program has experienced some setbacks and growing pains but I believe they are working to improve the system. Middle eastern culture is different and the logic and thought processes that westerners are accustomed to do not apply here. If you keep that in mind and
understand that life runs at a different pace and with different priorities here, you can be happy. If you cannot grasp those concepts, you will hate it here. You control your experience based on that.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I dunno man...it is a 48 hour work week and the OT is factored into your quoted salary.

All the early posters had the same wage offers...around 17500 SAR.

If you can get up to double that, that puts you at the bottom of the scale for high threat environment work. If you are able to make 8000 USD a month working in KSA, then more power to you.

However in all the years of contracting and all the people I know who have contracted way longer than myself, I have never seen or heard of anyone making that as a medic in KSA. It just does not happen.

KSA has the reputation of being the lowest paying contracting gig and has held that rep for 15+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.