Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
oh wow ok. Well thats good to hear. So they have the protocols which is good but I wonder if all the ambulances, rapid response vehicles, and choppers have full sets of meds and ALS equipment yet?

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
oh wow ok. Well thats good to hear. So they have the protocols which is good but I wonder if all the ambulances, rapid response vehicles, and choppers have full sets of meds and ALS equipment yet?
Hey Schulz..Just wanted to ad the info i passed on in Thread#433...Came from a talking with Travis the other night for about an hour and I also talk with Dr Nakiti on a regular basis as since he gave me his direct number and in fact the Protocals have recently been completed..However, I can't speak for what is going on with the Action PEEPs but, the road is going to be a slow process to get up to ALS speed as most of us know it.
Stay safe...This time next week I will be in country and will be able to pass on more!

j_commspec

Forum Probie
arriving soon

Hello everyone,
I should be heading over around the 18th or so. I am a dispatcher and was hired through Action Aviation. It has been excellent so far. There have been no delays or problems.They have been very helpful and willing to discuss any concerns.
I have been reading Travis' Blog and the whole experience sound great. I look forward to meeting all of you. This will be something to remember forever.
If any of you have questions about communications or trackers or anything communications center related let me know and I will have the answers ready for you if they are available to me.
Thanks everyone
See you there.

j_commspec

Forum Probie
protocols

Please post the protocols. I would be very interested as I am sure everyone else would be also to see what the crew will be working with. Thanks. Remember we are all on the same team. No need for measuring.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Thanks for the protocols. I tried to upload them for everyone but the file is to large I got this error Your file of 618.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

bmc911

Forum Probie
hey can i bother you to email me the protocols, would be greatly appreciated.

still waitin on my visa

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Thanks for the protocols. I tried to upload them for everyone but the file is to large I got this error Your file of 618.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.
If you email them to me I'll post them for everyone. I'm sure many would appreciate it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
....ALSO is it true that any public display of religious pendents such as crosses or Star of David you could be arrested and possibly flogged? True?

As far as I can tell... that is even more of an issue. Mideast politics being what they are, I get the distinct impression that while there are some Christian services, one would be unlikley to find any form of Jewish religious support.

One of the concerns I have with SRCA that keeps on coming up when I think about applying is that I visited Israel a few years back... from what I can tell, having Israeli stamps in my passport might get be blocked from the country.

Anyone have first hand info on this?

bmc911

Forum Probie
i dont have first hand experience but it is my understanding that you probally wont get granted a visa if you have any Israeli ties. if you were granted a visa i would imagine you would be putting yourself in quite a shady predicament, but i dont know, thats just my thoughts. you can always email the SRCA ask their opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I have herd that rumor Jon but I am not sure. You could probably ask the SRCA visa handler in DC

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
Yes you will be denied entry 100% if you have any Israel stamps on your passport. They suggest just getting a new passport so that it's clear.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
equipment

Also we will be using LP 12 and little portable etco2 monitors. We will have broslow bags and using stat backpacks.

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
Travel

Just wanted to let everyone know that are getting ready to deploy something that i had ran into...We are permited 2 check baggage and 1 carry on and 1 personal bag..You will be told that the checked luggage is "no weight limit". This is on Saudia Airlines ONLY!! Which we are required to fly on from either New York or Washington DC...There is a NEW policy for US airlines that went into effect in Jan...OUR First bag is free and must be less than 50lbs..and we do get a second checked bag BUT that will cost $50 at the time you check the bag. SO, unless you are starting from New York or DC and want to take a 2nd Bag this will effect you. Also if you go over the size(62 linear inches) or weight limit there are hefty charges. So pack smart :rolleyes:
NOW, with that said..is anyone packing a personal Jump?

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
So I spoke with a Lufthansa rep today about the baggage situation. 2 checked bags no more than 50lbs each...if you check a 3rd bag which i need to do is 250 bucks. I asked about carry on and you are allowed only 1 bag. This means you CAN'T bring a carry on and a backpack. A laptop or camera bag yes. But they made this very clear. Also the carry on can not be greater than 18lbs. I find it's hard to pack lightly eventhough I barely packed anything and yet I need 3 bags. Good luck

uh60safety

Forum Ride Along
Pilots

Still looking to talk to any of the pilots....can someone direct me to a forum or a point of contact to answer some very brief questions? Got my contract offer today...wanna move forward but need some questions answered...PLEASE!!

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
That is incorrect. I called American Airlines prior to my departure, and they honored the same baggage allotment that I was given for Saudi Arabian airlines.

I described my baggage allotment in an earlier post, but basically it was 2 bags up to 70 lbs. checked, one carry on, and one personal bag. This should be more than adequate for anything you want or need to bring with you.

TE

dtrojan07

Forum Crew Member
That is incorrect. I called American Airlines prior to my departure, and they honored the same baggage allotment that I was given for Saudi Arabian airlines.

I described my baggage allotment in an earlier post, but basically it was 2 bags up to 70 lbs. checked, one carry on, and one personal bag. This should be more than adequate for anything you want or need to bring with you.

TE
Well, my connecting flight is with United and they have told me that since i am starting on their airline i have to follow their rules..and I will be charged the $50 when I check the second bag. They also told me that the new Policies just went into effect Jan 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.