Run of combative patients recently...

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
Thank you for that clarification, I was going off what the ambo told me, so it looks like that he was yanking my chain a little (and maybe the pale faces was "oh my god" from the frogs).

I do respect what ASNSW does. I have a lot of respect for what you guys (and girls) have to face everyday and are a credit to the communities that you serve. Please do not assume that I am writing you all off, as I am not. As I have mentioned in previous posts, ASNSW is always called upon for transport for my patients, and we work alongside ASNSW at many events.

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
I would suggest you verify your "facts" before you publish them here or anywhere else.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I would suggest you verify your "facts" before you publish them here or anywhere else.

Play nice or play elsewhere...
firedevil.gif

downunderwunda

Forum Captain
Play nice or play elsewhere...
firedevil.gif

When is the suggestion that a person publish correct detail on here not playing nice. Surely it is more important to have correct detail than embilished BS. I dont understand why I am being chastised here. I want acuracy in this thread. What was posted was not just inaccurate, but blatanly wrong.

Not only was it wron, it was posted by a person outside the organisation. Someone who has no idea of the proceedures in place. To ask them to verify fact is wrong how???????????????

curt

Forum Crew Member
I believe all psyche calls that are violent is a police matter UNLESS they have cut themselves and have pretty substantial bleeding or have Overdosed and is unconscious.

Why jepoardize an EMS crew, we are not cops we are EMS crews.

I don't know about that. I know that we're not really the ideal service to deal with violent psychs, besides it never being exactly pleasant, but you can't ignore the possibility that it's being caused by an underlying medical problem, such as CO poisoning or hypoxia. It'd be a shame if they were hauled off to jail for the night and, in turn, kicked off because nobody bothered to look for a medical emergency until it was too late.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I don't know about that. I know that we're not really the ideal service to deal with violent psychs, besides it never being exactly pleasant, but you can't ignore the possibility that it's being caused by an underlying medical problem, such as CO poisoning or hypoxia. It'd be a shame if they were hauled off to jail for the night and, in turn, kicked off because nobody bothered to look for a medical emergency until it was too late.

Agreed............with caution. With the number one on-the-job injury coming by way of assaults......... if they are willing and able to fight you........... police handle first. Police restrain THEN provide medical treatment.

Research Graham v. Connor and you will see that you don't always have to be "right" you just have to be "reasonable".

Always error on the side of SAFETY................ yours.

Kip