RIP Ford E-Series

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Well, what many in the industry have been predicting for a while has finally come to pass-2012 will be the last year for the E-Series. It will be replaced by a new version of the Transit, which is currently in use in Europe.

While I look forward to seeing what the Transit can do over here, I do hold a special place in my heart for the E-Series, as many faults as it has.

http://jalopnik.com/5866019/ford-officially-kills-e+serieseconoline-replaces-with-transit-van

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
The "stretch Econolines" were just coming in when I went to a Cadillac company.

Liked the Econoline.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
good riddance

Why? Our E series worked just fine. They were loud but plenty quick. The new Chevys we are getting are super nice but they are brand new so that's not a fair comparison.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
What's my next family car going to be? :(

A Sprinter is just too tall, and I'm going to want a 15 passenger someday.

No more E series? Oh, the humanity!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I had something to say but decided to keep it to myself.

You should get one of those minivans with the cool power doors!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why? Our E series worked just fine. They were loud but plenty quick. The new Chevys we are getting are super nice but they are brand new so that's not a fair comparison.

I love our ford E series (the only type we have).

The sprinters are too tall and top heavy for the winds we face in the desert.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I had something to say but decided to keep it to myself.

You should get one of those minivans with the cool power doors!

We outgrew a minivan 2 kids ago. My 9 yo asks me to put the 3rd row in our 12 passenger van every time we get in there.

Hubby and I took this van for a test drive and just as soon as I got in and looked across at him in the driver's seat, I knew it was my car. I got all sentimental for all of the hundreds of hours we spent in that same cab, with a box behind us instead of 5 car seats. Ahhhh, the memories.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
A used school bus painted paisley?

You jest. A friend drives one of those buses they keep at assisted living homes to take everybody out to the shopping. That's a cool car too.

She has 7 sons and 3 grandchildren that she's regularly transporting, though. A little bit ahead of me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We outgrew a minivan 2 kids ago. My 9 yo asks me to put the 3rd row in our 12 passenger van every time we get in there.

Hubby and I took this van for a test drive and just as soon as I got in and looked across at him in the driver's seat, I knew it was my car. I got all sentimental for all of the hundreds of hours we spent in that same cab, with a box behind us instead of 5 car seats. Ahhhh, the memories.

Holy moly!

Sasha

Forum Chief

You don't need a 15 passenger yet with all those kids you have?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
You don't need a 15 passenger yet with all those kids you have?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

It's not MY kids that are the problem, it's their friends! I just want to be like all the normal people and let each kid bring a friend to the beach or whatever. Only then we need a stretch hummer or something to fit them all in.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It's not MY kids that are the problem, it's their friends! I just want to be like all the normal people and let each kid bring a friend to the beach or whatever. Only then we need a stretch hummer or something to fit them all in.

This is your best idea yet!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
6c002307-54b1-c48b.jpg

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
i can almost guarantee it will be replaced with something, may not be called the e series but ford would be losin ALOT of money to just drop the e series like that, im sure they have something up their sleeves

medic417

The Truth Provider
i can almost guarantee it will be replaced with something, may not be called the e series but ford would be losin ALOT of money to just drop the e series like that, im sure they have something up their sleeves

Watch the report they show the replacement.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

They do. It's going to be a US version of the European Ford Transit.

Another report I read said that both vans will be sold at the same time initially.

Im curious to see how how the chassis upfitters take to the Transits for ambulances, buses, motorhomes etc.

Last edited by a moderator: