Rialto Medics refuse to enter SNF, Claiming Unspecified COVID law.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Mack no one is questioning you, this is an open forum. if you want to link the post that you're reading from other sites thats fine post them. The only request that was made was after you stated.

that you keep political opinions out of this.
Tigger asked for a citation not to my "political" post, but to another one. And, BTW, EMS is very political. If not, we wouldn't have these hybrid systems, or EMS coupled with FF. I could talk for a long time about this, but I won't.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I ensure there’s a written SOP/MOU that goes with it. Fortunately, that’s part of introducing a new policy at my agency.
That's the way it should be.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Tigger asked for a citation not to my "political" post, but to another one. And, BTW, EMS is very political. If not, we wouldn't have these hybrid systems, or EMS coupled with FF. I could talk for a long time about this, but I won't.
I asked you to prove that this a “demo-crap” law or policy. So far, you haven’t.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
What insurance policy covers $100 Million?

and sorry, but unless there is a written policy in place somewhere that they don't go into facilities anywhere in the city for Cardiac Arrests the crew is going to lose

BobBarker

Forum Lieutenant
City insurance funds.
Correct, however the firefighters can be individually sued I believe if they are acting "outside the capacity/scope" of their job and/or "gross negligence". Pretty sure we can all agree this is gross negligence especially when the staff is saying multiple other Rialto firefighters have never waited to enter the facility during the pandemic.
They make $100k a year minimum and still bi*** when they have to do their job.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Correct, however the firefighters can be individually sued I believe if they are acting "outside the capacity/scope" of their job and/or "gross negligence". Pretty sure we can all agree this is gross negligence especially when the staff is saying multiple other Rialto firefighters have never waited to enter the facility during the pandemic.
They make $100k a year minimum and still bi*** when they have to do their job.
That's the thing about qualified imminity...it doesn't get decided on the internet. It gets decided in a court room.