Really?

medic417

The Truth Provider

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I wouldn't wear it. I already have more t-shirts than I could ever possibly need for workouts, and I really don't like advertising that I do this stuff when I'm off duty.

Besides, I haven't yet found anything that doesn't strike me as cheesy. The gothy stuff is about as juvenile as the ones that say things like "Feel safe at night--sleep with an EMT!"

+1.

I don't find the models all that attractive, either. One of them looks a lot like an obnoxious coworker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
Took exactly one post to move the discussion from talking about the products to talking about whether or not t-shirt models are :censored::censored::censored::censored:able enough. Did I stumble on maxim.com?

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Took exactly one post to move the discussion from talking about the products to talking about whether or not t-shirt models are :censored::censored::censored::censored:able enough. Did I stumble on maxim.com?

You were expecting an enlightened discussion about t-shirts?

Actually they are three different women!

You know, I'm still only seeing one person. You wouldn't happen to know all three of their names, would you? Or maybe we're not looking at the same page. I'm seeing one woman, with varying lengths of hair, two hair styles, and a few different colors, and in one shot she's got a tan.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
As a redhead... yes. Otherwise, no.

(The model)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Am I the only went that went through the men's section thinking "damn, I'd like to poke that guy"? Wait...that came out wrong.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
blackhelmetapparel.com and systemprotocols.com are both owned by the same company.

That makes sense, as soon as I saw the shirts I thought they looked like the stuff from BHA.

clibb

Forum Captain
Just ordered the "Asclepius" men's shirt. Thx for the link.

I already have this one:

http://www.systemprotocols.com/product.php?id=FIRE+EMS+(NAVY+BLUE)

But I ordered it from Blackhelmetapparel.com not from here

blackhelmetapparel.com and systemprotocols.com are both owned by the same company.

"This isn't the "I've had a cold for 3 weeks," EMS call shirt.... Or the homeless guy sleeping in the bushes during dinner EMS call..... This is a shirt for that call every now and again where there's blood all over your bunker gear, and the only thing saving that persons life is the pressure the FF/EMT is applying to the wound.... The large bore IV the FF/PARAMEDIC got via EJ while laying on the hood of a mangled car. Is it fun? Not really. Do we like it? Hardly ever. But when we get the chance to really help someone, there is no way to measure the difference we make in trying to save a life."

That is the dumbest description I have ever read.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

"This isn't the "I've had a cold for 3 weeks," EMS call shirt.... Or the homeless guy sleeping in the bushes during dinner EMS call..... This is a shirt for that call every now and again where there's blood all over your bunker gear, and the only thing saving that persons life is the pressure the FF/EMT is applying to the wound.... The large bore IV the FF/PARAMEDIC got via EJ while laying on the hood of a mangled car. Is it fun? Not really. Do we like it? Hardly ever. But when we get the chance to really help someone, there is no way to measure the difference we make in trying to save a life."

That is the dumbest description I have ever read.

Who cares about the description? It's a nice looking shirt.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
UHMMMM. I think you guys are getting old. Because those *ARE* the styles people are wearing... In Cali / AZ / NV at least..

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
That shirt you linked looked kind of cool, and I would get it, if it didn't have that bible verse on it. I do like the design of it.

I actually got it because of the bible verse. I thought it was pretty cool to have that on there.

I love this style of shirt.. it reminds me of "Affliction" clothing.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I kinda like the idea... and Black Helmet has some stuff that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear, but these are over the top.

A friend of mine said it looked like Ed Hardy gone Whacker. I actually have to agree.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Check out their Assessment t-shirt, specifically on the back (and the front as well but harder to tell there), they got the order of OPQRST wrong. They got it as OPRQST.

DOH

Actually I don't even see the T in OPQRST (or OPRQST) on the back, although it does appear to be on the front.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Check out their Assessment t-shirt, specifically on the back (and the front as well but harder to tell there), they got the order of OPQRST wrong. They got it as OPRQST.

DOH

Actually I don't even see the T in OPQRST (or OPRQST) on the back, although it does appear to be on the front.
+1 for picking that one up lol

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I actually got it because of the bible verse. I thought it was pretty cool to have that on there.

I love this style of shirt.. it reminds me of "Affliction" clothing.

I was going to say the same thing. The "Affliction" line is very much in style at the present.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I have BHA's Firefighters Remembered, Aggressive Attack, and the boardshorts as well. I might follow medicRob and pick up the Asclepius shirt. BTW, I didn't particularly care for their Caduceus sales pitch. "it means we have to run EMS calls." So on and so forth. At my old hospital, when it was my IFT day, I would break balls with the 911 crews and tell them that I'm taking a beating on IFT today so that you can play 911. I do the same at my firehouse now when it's my turn on the ambulance.

Like others said, the shirts are much more stylish than what's already out there for EMS.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain