Really need a job... :/

Joe

Forum Captain
emt basic just looking for a job. dont really care about pay just aslong as it is within an hour of kern county California. thanks to the private ambulance company that has a choke hold on the county im forced to go else where till jan of 11. kinda new to this whole forum thing so hopefully somebody knows something. haha thanks

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I know this is the last thing you wanna hear but from what I have heard it's really hard finding an Basic job in Cali. Good luck

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Forum Captain
Yea no kidding. Somehow I failed the agree disagree questions on my pre hire app for the local place so im stuck waiting a year :/ bogus just hold an interview instead of making me do an online question thing

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yea no kidding. Somehow I failed the agree disagree questions on my pre hire app for the local place so im stuck waiting a year :/ bogus just hold an interview instead of making me do an online question thing

That test lost me more than one interview this past year when I was applying all over the country. I hate those damned things.

Rev.IKON

Forum Crew Member
From what i have read you should only choose strongly disagree or agree. I hate those questions. I know there is a site that has a list on the best answers for those types of questions.

PanzerKitty

Forum Probie
i just applied for a job as an EMT at Six Flags. Their questions where hard, but I think I passed cause at the end of the application it told me to call and schedule an interview appointment =/ so idk we will see. Good look on your job hunt! I agree its hard finding a job here in Cali, but don't give up.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Forum Captain
Check out care, delano, kern....all are in kern county.

Yea I currently have an app pending with them. Just had to get a new med exam card. Have to wait till the 8th to do that. Delano is going to be my 2nd choice. Its like a 1.5 hr drive. Dont know if thats feasable for like 10$ an hr. Do u know much about them?

i just applied for a job as an EMT at Six Flags. Their questions where hard, but I think I passed cause at the end of the application it told me to call and schedule an interview appointment =/ so idk we will see. Good look on your job hunt! I agree its hard finding a job here in Cali, but don't give up.

Six flags eh? Are yougonna just be an emt or is that a second part of your job? If you kno and dont mind pm me the starting pay. Its hard finding a job when the biggest ambulance company wont take me, buti have a non emt job right now so im not in a super hurry, just hate my current job. Haha

PanzerKitty

Forum Probie
Six flags eh? Are yougonna just be an emt or is that a second part of your job? If you kno and dont mind pm me the starting pay. Its hard finding a job when the biggest ambulance company wont take me, buti have a non emt job right now so im not in a super hurry, just hate my current job. Haha

I'm just going to be an EMT. I heard the starting pay is 13 dollars an hour, but I'm not positive on that. Yeah it is hard finding a job I agree. I was going to apply at AMR and they are not hiring in my area at the moment =/

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm just going to be an EMT. I heard the starting pay is 13 dollars an hour, but I'm not positive on that. Yeah it is hard finding a job I agree. I was going to apply at AMR and they are not hiring in my area at the moment =/

In Socal more like $10.00 per hour.