Real CPR footage

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I do a bit of CPR/first aid training now and again and I like to have real footage of CPR/arrested pts/agonal breathing because I think its important to 1) Do as much as you can to prepare people for the nasty sights involved, 2) Provide actual examples of how deep/violent CPR needs to be or what agonal breathing actually looks like etc, instead of just saying "If abnormal breathing then.... 3) Its more engaging (and actually recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council for that reason) and people seem to really enjoy it.

So, I'm asking if anybody on the forum has or knows of any videos of anything mentioned above.

I already have:
- The bondi rescue video of CPR being done on an asian kid after being pulled out of the water.
- That old video of bubba with chest pain who then arrests in the care of FD from the TLC show called "paramedics".
- Everything from the Australian TV show "HELP".
- Everything from the various documentaries about London HEMS.
- A segment from an unknown TV show, showing UK police community officers and EMTs doing some CPR a bloke who survives and is interviewed later.
- An african video of some kid post-drowning.
- An unsuccessful arrest showing Haiti medical relief vollies.
- Toughest places to be a paramedic showing a Welsh medic in Guatemala.

If you have anything to add that is a good example of CPR, cardiac arrest, agonal resps or moribund pts of any kind, give me a point in the right direction.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
There is an episode of Cops where the police officer and the camera man or audio dude that follows the cops around did CPR on a woman who I think got kicked in the chest and I think she had agnol breaths too.

Hockey

Quackers
I had one where a lady was being pulled out of a lake and CPR was being done but looks like they took it down. One of the girls I know did CPR on her and some bystander was filming it. I'll see if I made a copy of it or if I can contact the person who filmed it

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
cool vid. was that just a bls crew? maby londonmedic can chime in.

ps stacy was kinda hot.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I know that David Hiltz has some dispatch recordings of agonal respirations -- audio only if that interests you. And some good decent depictions I found are here http://emsbasics.com/2011/04/21/what-it-looks-like-agonal-respirations/

I would actually be very interested in getting my hands on some of the clips you mentioned for similar purposes -- I do a series on my site giving real-life examples of various clinical phenomena (see the above), and have been meaning to do one on cardiac arrest and CPR. Full credit to you of course.

OP
OP
Melclin

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
...and I'm back. Big week at work.

Yeah I have that one. Its a good one. Its shows a more modern compression rate reasonably well, defib, and I've used it as an example of poor scene management/safety. You control your environment, not the other way round says me in my FR classes.

I know that David Hiltz has some dispatch recordings of agonal respirations -- audio only if that interests you. And some good decent depictions I found are here http://emsbasics.com/2011/04/21/what-it-looks-like-agonal-respirations/

I would actually be very interested in getting my hands on some of the clips you mentioned for similar purposes -- I do a series on my site giving real-life examples of various clinical phenomena (see the above), and have been meaning to do one on cardiac arrest and CPR. Full credit to you of course.

Oh nice. I'll keep a good eye on the site. Sounds interesting. I reckon too many times you see something in real life and think well it was f**king obvious, if only I'd seen it and known what it was, instead of reading about it. If you can actually show students examples, I think it helps a lot.

Have you watched the "HELP" series? Six episodes of very decent, fly on the wall, over the shoulder stuff. No prime time BS, you know. You can watch the full series on you tube it you type in "help paramedic". They have the only neonatal CPR footage I've seen outside of the neonatal retrieval team education videos we saw at uni and the various london hems videos have some CPR footage and various other macabre cinematic goodies.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Oh nice. I'll keep a good eye on the site. Sounds interesting. I reckon too many times you see something in real life and think well it was f**king obvious, if only I'd seen it and known what it was, instead of reading about it. If you can actually show students examples, I think it helps a lot.

Yep, that's the idea.

Have you watched the "HELP" series? Six episodes of very decent, fly on the wall, over the shoulder stuff. No prime time BS, you know. You can watch the full series on you tube it you type in "help paramedic". They have the only neonatal CPR footage I've seen outside of the neonatal retrieval team education videos we saw at uni and the various london hems videos have some CPR footage and various other macabre cinematic goodies.

I haven't seen it -- I'll check it out.

Tyler

Forum Ride Along
Sorry its a bit vague but there is an excellent clip in the UK Channel 5 Series "Channel 5". Its in the first few series I think. I cant go through them now but it shows EXCELLENT bystander CPR in progress, and the bike medic goes back later to congratulate the bystander.

To the guy asking was it just a BLS crew, ID say it was a Medic as they put "Paramedic" under the name of one of the ladies later, and on that show they normally are very good at giving people the correct title (e.g. for Police the PCOS, PC, SPC etc or First Responder / Controller/ Technician / Paramedic / ECP for the EMS side)

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry its a bit vague but there is an excellent clip in the UK Channel 5 Series "Channel 5". Its in the first few series I think. I cant go through them now but it shows EXCELLENT bystander CPR in progress, and the bike medic goes back later to congratulate the bystander.

To the guy asking was it just a BLS crew, ID say it was a Medic as they put "Paramedic" under the name of one of the ladies later, and on that show they normally are very good at giving people the correct title (e.g. for Police the PCOS, PC, SPC etc or First Responder / Controller/ Technician / Paramedic / ECP for the EMS side)

I don't think on the london CPR to walk out video was an ALS crew. There was no ACLS involved and they only used an AED.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
On statter911.com last year they had a dashcam video of a cop who first responded and bounced an old guy in arrest and worked the code with an AED. It was strong work. I will try to find it when I get on a real computer later.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
It's exactly like the dummies...but usually fatter... with more boobage... and people running around everywhere.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Sounds like a pretty apt description of EMS in general...