Racism?- long post*

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Firstly, my father worked in law enforcement for 25 years, and I have worked along side current and former cops of various agencies...so this isn't a reflection of my view on 'cop's as a whole.

Yesterday my wife was putting out the laundry to dry, she seen one car reversing and another car hit it after turning the corner. The car that hit the reversing vehicle had a black man, woman and his 5 year old son in the back. The white guy in the reversing car jumped out and started kicking in the black guy's lights. The black guy got out of the car to tell white guy to leave his car and family alone.

White guy punched black guy 3 times, then ran to his car and got a wooden stick, which he then used to hit black guy with...black guy got his kid's b-ball bat from the back seat and told the white guy to back off...white guy took the bat off him and beat him with it....some neighbours then ran in and broke up the fight.

The medics arrived on scene and ran to the WHITE guy to check he was ok- even though not once was he hit. The cops asked the neigbours (including my wife), what happened. One cop told my wife complaints had been made about white guy before and that he was a bit of a loose cannon.....2 minutes later the cops arrested the black guy (who wasnt shouting, acting aggressively at all to the police)....and the white guy just went back into his house....all white cops turned up.

The woman had told my wife that previously the white guy had called her 5 year old son a "n*gg*r' whilst he was out cycling one day also.

Now my wife doesn't exxagerate stories or make **** up, added to the fact she was about 30 yards from the incident with a perfect view of the entire thing from start to finish.....is this cut and dry example of racism in Texas?????????????

edit: ive yet to find out, but even if the black guy had a warrant out for murder 1- he was still a human being in the street who was visibly assaulted, therefore the white guy should have been sharing the same cell block??

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Firstly, my father worked in law enforcement for 25 years, and I have worked along side current and former cops of various agencies...so this isn't a reflection of my view on 'cop's as a whole.

Yesterday my wife was putting out the laundry to dry, she seen one car reversing and another car hit it after turning the corner. The car that hit the reversing vehicle had a black man, woman and his 5 year old son in the back. The white guy in the reversing car jumped out and started kicking in the black guy's lights. The black guy got out of the car to tell white guy to leave his car and family alone.

White guy punched black guy 3 times, then ran to his car and got a wooden stick, which he then used to hit black guy with...black guy got his kid's b-ball bat from the back seat and told the white guy to back off...white guy took the bat off him and beat him with it....some neighbours then ran in and broke up the fight.

The medics arrived on scene and ran to the WHITE guy to check he was ok- even though not once was he hit. The cops asked the neigbours (including my wife), what happened. One cop told my wife complaints had been made about white guy before and that he was a bit of a loose cannon.....2 minutes later the cops arrested the black guy (who wasnt shouting, acting aggressively at all to the police)....and the white guy just went back into his house....all white cops turned up.

The woman had told my wife that previously the white guy had called her 5 year old son a "n*gg*r' whilst he was out cycling one day also.

Now my wife doesn't exxagerate stories or make **** up, added to the fact she was about 30 yards from the incident with a perfect view of the entire thing from start to finish.....is this cut and dry example of racism in Texas?????????????

edit: ive yet to find out, but even if the black guy had a warrant out for murder 1- he was still a human being in the street who was visibly assaulted, therefore the white guy should have been sharing the same cell block??
Sounds insane they may have been cuffing the guy for safety issues granted both got cuffed?

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
when cops turned up on scene the white guy had both weapons in his hands, cops made him hit the dirt. black guy was standing there calmly- white guy never got cuffed, black guy cuffed and arrested. i gotta be honest im pretty disgusted about the whole thing

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
when cops turned up on scene the white guy had both weapons in his hands, cops made him hit the dirt. black guy was standing there calmly- white guy never got cuffed, black guy cuffed and arrested. i gotta be honest im pretty disgusted about the whole thing
But thing's are not what they always seem to be especially from a distance but yes that is bothersome.

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
nope i wasnt present- my wife gave her account to the cop who said 'yeah the white guy is a bit of a nutcase etc'...but then proceeded to arrest the black guy. she is going to volunteer a formal statement at the police station shortly.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Your wife submitting a witness statement is really the best you can offer. I typically try to err on the side of optimism and assume the investigating officers knew something or discovered something your wife didn't see and acted fairly. Kind of hard to imagine if what your wife witnessed is accurate (and I'm not doubting her), but let's hope all works out as it should.

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
her dad is a sheriff in CA and my father former law enforcement also, so our backgrounds definitely arent anti-police. aside from that im now living across the road from this prick, so hopefully my path doesn't cross with his

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
if theres more to the story i will update for sure, hopefully it wasnt as it appeared!

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
On a public forum, I'd refrain from implying your intent should your paths cross.
Doesn't seem quite right, and makes me think there's gotta be something more here...

Angel

Paramedic
even if there is 'something more' assault is assault so the 'white guy' shouldve been arrested as well...
we dont know why the 'black guy' was arrested so i cant comment but he definitely shouldnt have been the only one

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Not to be the party pooper, but keep in mind that this story is second hand to the OP and third to the rest of us. That said, the word "arrested" is being thrown around quite a bit. I'm curious why the OP's wife is staying on scene for so long as to see an actual arrest, versus someone being detained.

Just be careful with the assumptions. It's a dirty habit.

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
she was staying 'on scene' for an arrest because she was on our property and watched it from inside the house after the initial vehicle impact.

as for arrested/detained: the guys wife had told mine later on that her husband was 100% arrested. as for assumptions....im not assuming anything, she seen the incident in its entirety and the question isnt why was the black guy arrested so much as- why WASN'T the white guy, which leads me to think its race related...even if the white guy had a history of mental illness, he still should have been lifted away at the same time as the black guy. (im white btw.)

OP
OP
irishboxer384

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
update: black man in question was charged with assault and released on bail. police said it was because of 'conflicting stories'- the white guys gf in the house was the one who had called the police....ridiculous.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We are unable to answer your question appropriately because we were not there. We don't have both sides of the story

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
And the EMS tie-in is……..

mycrofft

Then…pefect!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If you don't think a post belongs in a certain section, please just press the report button which will allow you to send the CLs a message.

mycrofft

Couldn't get a good explanation, as I did. Now I'm dialed in better.