Quick question

flemsstudent25

Forum Ride Along
I had an interview with amr the recommended me for the first responders position full time as I'm a emt student. I passed the pat test and passed my 7 year background check and received the license to drive the bls trucks. My question is that I never recieved my offer letter and I already put my 2 weeks noticed with my other job and amr told me I had the job the day I passed the.I emailed them and said that I didn't receive my offer letter does this mean that I don't have the job cause I'm Still getting emails on when my orientation day is.

Thanks

SpecialK

Forum Captain
You need to politely, but firmly, ask for a written employment agreement.

As an aside, check your employment legislation, in both places I've worked any oral or written offer is legally binding.

Additionally, never resign from your current job until you have a written employment offer from your new employer.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I emailed them and said that I didn't receive my offer letter does this mean that I don't have the job cause I'm Still getting emails on when my orientation day is.

You might have the job. You need to reach out and confirm whether you have it or not - and get that in writing.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
It would be by interpretation that, if you're getting emails and such about orientation, then they expect you to be there for the purpose of employment.

That being said, you should have an offer letter, and as said, never quit one job till you have bagged the next.

I would call them and politely but firmly get your offer in writing. Tread carefully though. You don't want to blow it now that you're a man without a country.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Why on earth would you quit your job before you received a written offer of employment???