Quick Question about IDs for NREMT

alabamatriathlete

Forum Crew Member
Hi Guys,
First time posting, long time "in the shadows" member on the site.

Quick question for you guys and gals out there - about to schedule my NREMT test. Says I need two forms of proper non-expired IDs (duh...). One is with a photo (driver's license) and "the second ID must be non-expired and include your name and signature."

Well...my passport just expired this past month, and I didn't get a chance to renew it (1-800-my-bad). Also, don't feel like paying the ridiculous fee to go through that whole thing again with the Post Office if I don't have to.

Question is - for the 2nd form of ID...would my social security card work? NREMT/Pearson Vue says a State issued Identification Card is good-to-go.

Anyways, probably a retarded question but thanks for any clarification. Also, just so yall don't think I am a complete moron, tried calling NREMT & Pearson Vue but they were closed by the time I got home from work.

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
I always thought you needed 2 photo IDs. But if you just need one ID with a photo then your SSN card should work. I do recommend updating your passport though.

OP
OP
A

alabamatriathlete

Forum Crew Member
Hey thanks man - appreciate it. Yea, I do need to get that renewed; called Post Office today so to see how long and 2 weeks was minimum time to get it back and current; was hoping I wasn't going to have to wait that long to take the test, so all good.

Thanks again.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
the second form does not need to have your photo on it. i used my drivers license and a credit card. as long as it has your name and your signature on it then it should be good. but call them just to be sure.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I second the DL and credit card. Used it both times with no problems. SS card works as well.