question...

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
I am about to start EMT Basic class in January and I just had a question... I was wondering does being an emt allow time for personal time/family time.. and what type of hours do yall work?

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
There was recently a thread on shifts worked by folks here. Try the 'Search' feature on the toolbar and you should find it.

OP
OP
aandjmayne

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
Thanks so much. :) I'm new to the site..

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
Thanks so much. :) I'm new to the site..

I saw that, and figured I'd point it out. :) Being new as well, I figured we had to stick together.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I saw that, and figured I'd point it out. Being new as well, I figured we had to stick together.

Uh oh.. the newbies are banding together!!!!! We're in trouble now folks!;)

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
Just trying to keep Kev's BP within normal limits....

Code 3

Forum Captain
I am about to start EMT Basic class in January and I just had a question... I was wondering does being an emt allow time for personal time/family time.. and what type of hours do yall work?

I work 3 shifts one week (36 hrs) and 4 shifts the next week (48 hrs). There's also the "Kelly" schedule where you work only 10 shifts out of the month, but the shifts are 24 hours long. It all depends on the agency you're working for. When working nights, it was somewhat hard because you're on the opposite schedule of your family/friends. Overall, I've always been able to have a social life no matter what my schedule was. The only time it became an issue is when I was picking up extra shifts or working events for more money.

OP
OP
aandjmayne

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
I appreciate the input. My fiancee was worried about the hours and not being able to spend much time together. But his worries can be pushed aside now..
Thanks so much :)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
But his worries can be pushed aside now..
Thanks so much :)

Famous last words... is he aware that the usual staffing is 24 hours or longer and usually with men?..

Sorry, but clear the air first if it appears to be a question.

R/r 911

OP
OP
aandjmayne

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
he knows that I just wasnt sure how many days a week I would work. He trusts me as far as other men go.. he knows better.. lol.^_^ but thanks for the advice..