Status
Not open for further replies.

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
I had a quesion some where..

a. o2via NRB 15lpm
b epi. Sq 1000 .3mg
c soul mederol
d. I forgot. but i think it was lido or somthing like that..

This is for MA paramedic. We dont give epi sq without mc. So i was alittle confused. I think i ended up going to bls and did the o2. But not sure if that "Helps" the constriction.. abuterol was my answer that i was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I had a quesion some where..

a. o2via NRB 15lpm
b epi. Sq 1000 .3mg
c soul mederol
d. I forgot. but i think it was lido or somthing like that..

This is for MA paramedic. We dont give epi sq without mc. So i was alittle confused. I think i ended up going to bls and did the o2. But not sure if that "Helps" the constriction.. abuterol was my answer that i was looking for.

You realize this post makes no sense right?

What's the question that the answers you provided go with?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And discussing test questions generally isnt allowed
And i bet the last one was mag. Typical interventions for us here on standing orders (all of them) for status asthma

OP
OP
L

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
I can not edit it again. =( The question was what drug to give first to treat the bronchial constriction. It was out of a study guide thingy not related to a test.. :blink:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Being that duoneb isn't an option, the FIRST treatment for treating the exacerbation is oxygen.

Epi is not the FIRST treatment indicated but at the same time oxygen alone is not working to counteract bronchoconstriction/spasm.

Sounds like a poorly worded question open to debate due to the provided options.(though it sounds like you don't even recall what the question was)

Mag/steroids certainly aren't the first line treatment.

As a medic you can't give Epi IM/SQ on standing orders????

OP
OP
L

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
we are aloud to use epi pen IM.. anything else we have to call MC.. Guess the medic up here would get the 1:000 and the 1:10,0000 mixed up in the middle of the night =(

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
we are aloud to use epi pen IM.. anything else we have to call MC.. Guess the medic up here would get the 1:000 and the 1:10,0000 mixed up in the middle of the night =(

That is completely outrageous...

OSMedic

Forum Probie

Thats crazy. Why become a paramedic if you have to have someone looking over your shoulder on every call. Seems like someone in your department really likes to have control....

As for your initial question. O2 is always first.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

That's ridiculous. As an EMT-I I have been able to give IM Epi for Anaphylaxis/asthma on standing orders for at least two doses.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thread closed per this rule:
Participants are not to post any testing questions from the NREMT or any other licensing agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.