Question about Orange County "Med Transportation License"

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
Hey, I feel like I've been asking so many questions about jobs and have still yet to get hired since I've been looking in January lol. I've applied to almost every AMR branch in Socal and haven't been able to get hired by any of them. I did however recently get an interview scheduled for Doctor's Ambulance AMR in Laguna Hills and the when they called me this morning he asked about certificated, but I didn't realize there was a specific license for OC. Do I need to take a class in order to get a license for orange county? I have an County EMT license already for San Diego and Riverside county, but not for OC. I'm scheduled for a Zoom interview this Friday at 8AM. Is this something I take care of after being hired or am I screwed because I need to get it first lol.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If your EMT class was not out on by OCEMS then yes you will have to take the OC accreditation class to cover an “expanded scope”. Unfortunately that is all of the information I could find after a quick scan of the LEMSA page. I have no idea how you would schedule the class who who provides it.

It would definitely be a good question to ask the company during the zoom meeting. It is likely they will be able to host it or schedule it for you.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
West Coast EMT does a OC accreditation class. It’s one day. OC and LaCo require a local certification on top of the state cert to work. Also, you most likely will need it before getting a job offer.