Pump it up!!

SCEMT-B

Forum Crew Member
What kind of music do you listen to when rolling down the road in your ambulance?

I bring my CD player and transmitter to listen to our favorite Cd's ;)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Since my cell phone is my PDA and MP3 player, I have quite the selection to listent to.

I prefer to listen to Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Nickleback, GnR, George Thorogood, John Lee Hooker, and of course, AC/DC.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Apr 4 2005, 11:49 PM
Since my cell phone is my PDA and MP3 player, I have quite the selection to listent to.

I prefer to listen to Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Nickleback, GnR, George Thorogood, John Lee Hooker, and of course, AC/DC.
Seeing as I'm only a basic who's been on for a year, I don't get to pic the music. But its usually what you've listed. Thats the way the guys are I guess. If I can't understand what they're saying, I dont care to listen to it.

emtchicky156

Forum Crew Member
It depends on who's in the rig. We don't have a long ride back from the hospital, so there isnt much time to listen to it.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
We usually listen to music on the way back from a transfer and 9 times out of ten it stays on country music.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by emtbuff@Apr 5 2005, 04:17 PM
We usually listen to music on the way back from a transfer and 9 times out of ten it stays on country music.
That would put me to sleep!!! :p :D I need some Metallica, Disturbed, Godsmack, Korn etc...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I work for a private service, so we hold post in our vehicles for hours. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've listened to the radio in the year I've worked in EMS.

I'm a huge fan of the radio, but I also don't mind not listening.

Our ALS rigs have CD players <_<

OP
OP
S

SCEMT-B

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by MMiz@Apr 5 2005, 09:25 PM
Our ALS rigs have CD players <_<
Our ALS rigs do too <_< but then thats why i bought my transmiter to go with my CD player :D

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
My partner was laughing on Saturday - I put on "KTU" which is a dance/hiphop station out of NYC... He was laughing because I was in an unusually bubbly mood and I was dancing in my seat. :lol:

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I rarely turn the radio on in the rig. Don't know why, its not like I have a great aversion to it, but I just don't. I think its partly because I enjoy listening to the dispatch channel...we're on the same system with 9 other FDs, so there's always something going on. I listen to my scanner at home a lot too (its on right now, in fact) for the same reason.

On the engine though, the engineer will occasionally pop in a CD when we're driving to a drill or lunch (never on a call). The ones who do tend to like country, which is fine with me.

As for personal music tastes, I listen to most everything, but primarily country and rock. In my truck right now, I've got Smash Mouth in the player and I've got Metallica, Jimmy Buffet, Will Smith, Brooks & Dunn and Big & Rich in the console.

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Apr 5 2005, 11:25 PM
My partner was laughing on Saturday - I put on "KTU" which is a dance/hiphop station out of NYC... He was laughing because I was in an unusually bubbly mood and I was dancing in my seat. :lol:
i drive most of the time so im usually the one that messes with the radio. i got the transmitter for my MP3 player too. if i had a nickel for everytime we were car (ambulance?) dancing and got caught, id be rich. some of the looks you get are hillarious. do it at intersections, thats the best place. i get the most wierd/good god! looks from drivers when im doing the robot though. i highly recomend it!

Ray1129

Forum Crew Member
You know what's really funny is when you hook it through the PA and now everyone else is hearing what you do overtop the siren. It definately get's people's attentions.

-Ray

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
When me and PA Rescue ride, we don't usually listen to the radio - we enjoy each others' company too much :D

Otherwise, I'm listing to 93.3 WMMR in Philly these days, it is a "Real" rock station that often plays "classics" and is now also getting into a little alternative.

I also listen to 102.9 WMGK - Classic rock.

They shut down my radio station about a month and a half ago, though. Y-100, WPLY - Alternative / Rock - relocated a rap station to it. Ticked me off!

I'm also starting to listen to country. I could move to Blue's neck of the woods and fit right in :D