provided uniforms

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
This may answer your question.

The service(s) I've worked for typically provide shirts, jacket, hats, and turn a blind eye if you grab a pair of shears and penlight.

I have one service that gives a stipend yearly that can be spent as you choose. They provided 5 short sleeve shirts, 2 long, 1 workshirt, 1 rain jacket. Pants and boots were on me. After the initial allotment I was responsible for replacements except for 2 new shirts every year.

Once service doesn't provide anything.

There is at least one service locally that contracts uniforms, and gives a stipend for boots which are required to match a description. It's nice, no washing, or sewing, or question as to what you're going to wear.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
It is getting deep!

Not sure what that is supposed to mean but our policy is very clear. No mention of County affiliation is allowed on any Social Media Site. These sites are included but not limited to Facebook, MySpace, AOL, Google, ANY Forum related Site, etc.. Any use of County trade names, personnel, or pictures involving County equipment, property or personnel in any type of public media is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy can lead to immediate termination. Sorry but we do things a little different than Greenville.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh snap, i think he just dissed greenville!

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
We are issued
1 Short Sleeve T-Shirt
1 Long sleeve T-Shirt
1 Golf shirt
1 Jumpsuit
1 fall/winter jacket
1 Down filled parka (not all have one I and another member do have one).
1 Pager
1 Radio
1 ID card
1 Town employee access pass

The purchase of class A uniform shirts, boots, pants are the responsibilty of the individual member.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
3 Class As
3 T-shirts (Salty sweat stains included)
2 pairs of pants
1 Belt
1 Pager that doesn't work
1 Piece of crap hat
1 Piece of crap jacket
$100 a year for boots

Last edited by a moderator:

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Others may disagree but I think we get a sweet deal with uniforms. While all my friends going into business/IT have to go out and buy suits at their own expense, I get over $1500 of uniform provided for free in a job that pays considerably more. Not to mention the uniforms are, to my mind, well made and comfortable. I wear my service boots in my own time because they're just so damn comfy :) When I got issued my uniform starting out, I got:

-5 short sleeve button up shirts (with insignia etc) for everyday wear.
-1 dress shirt (with tie) for unpleasant formal stuff (court appearances mostly, sometimes funerals).
-2 pairs of slacks for everyday wear.
-2 sets of coveralls for everyday wear.
-6 undershirts (t-shirts).
-1 jumper with insignia.
-1 belt with insignia.
-1 fleece jacket with insignia.
-1 hi vis vest for MVAs etc.
-1 weather proof jacket.
-3 pairs of epaulettes with my "mistake stripes" (student markings).
-1 peaked baseball style cap.
-1 name badge.
-1 pair of shoes (that well made, but that I hate).
-1 pair of zip up boots that are the most comfortable things every created.
-6 pairs of socks.
-1 satchel style bag to carry all this in.

They didn't provide underpants and they didn't provide any kind of system by which to manage your keys. I'm okay with the later because I would have just come up with a system I liked anyway, but I would have welcomed a bunch of free undies. :p

We are entitled to a certain number of replacements every year but I'm not sure what number that is exactly (I remember it being relatively liberal but others may disagree). Replacement items include beanies, jumper vests, long sleeve shirts, a great or less shirt/slacks to coveralls ratio depending on preference.

Other necessaries like shears/protective goggles/pen torches/pens/note pads/shears/batteries etc are available in what ever reasonable numbers we need them in the store rooms at every ambulance branch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Things my company gives me:

-2 button-up short sleeved uniform shirts
-2 terribly uncomfortable navy blue dress pants
-metal name tag
-EMT collar pins
-Plastic ID badge with leash

Things I had to buy/acquire:
-Black boots
-Black belt
-Pens/notepad and shears
-Grammar and spelling knowledge

We are not allowed to wear any pants not purchased by the company, which means being stuck with ill fitting poly/wool blend dress pants. Ick.

Sent from my out of area communications device.

reaper

Working Bum
Oh snap, i think he just dissed greenville!

Not a diss. It can't compete. I know answer just by the wording of policy.

Sent from little black box

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I also work for a county service, and we're loaded with uniforms. This is what I was issued

3 summer weight flight suits.
3 winter weight flight suits.
2 pairs of boots
1 bullard helmet.
1 extrication coat
1 fleece coat liner
1 pair extrication pants
1 pair kevlar extrication gloves
1 reversible rain coat (lime/black)
1 traffic vest.
1 Kevlar vest with plates
1 duty belt
1 radio holder.
1 uniform belt.
1 long sleeve uniform shirt
1 short sleeve uniform shirt
1 pair class A trousers.
1 class A cap
1 uniform tie
1 pair uniform shoes
1 badge (worn with white uniform only)

And a few other odds and ends.

All I needed to supply was socks and underwear. We can also purchase and wear ball caps, job shirts and t shirts. Most people also buy a New York style radio strap. It makes it much easier to carry your radio and pager when wearing a flightsuit.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Volunteer squad provides
3ea T shirts, short and long sleeve
2x Polo Shirts
1pr EMT pants
1 Ballcap
1 Knit Cap
1 set bunker gear (Coat, Pants, Liner, Helmet, Boots)
1 Job Shirt
1 Cold weather jacket w quilted jacket
1 pr Swim trunks with cargo pockets
1 steamer wetsuit

Paid Service provides
2 button short sleeve shirts
2 button long sleeve shirts
2pr pants
1 coverall
1 all weather jacket

I provide my own boots, belt, undies, socks and personal tools like shears, flashlights, ect for both, i also use my grandfathers hip boots from when he was fire chief at the volley squad, he cut them down and they still rule

some of these services provide more then the PD gives me

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ive got one shirt i can wear. One that comes down to my knees. Two pairs of pants i bought myself and pens... lots and lots of pens.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
lol thanks im sure it varies, pants and shirts of course but didnt know about boots and jackets though

More often than not, I have had to buy my own completely out of pocket. Why not call the places you are going to be applying and ask? That's much simpler than asking for opinions from a bunch of random folks who likely don't work where you are wanting to be employed.

OP
OP
N

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member
jesus everyone have to be negative, maybe i should have put "what does your company provide" DANG GROW UP A BIT

Sasha

Forum Chief
jesus everyone have to be negative, maybe i should have put "what does your company provide" DANG GROW UP A BIT

Practice what you preach, love!

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Not a diss. It can't compete. I know answer just by the wording of policy.

Sent from little black box

Really? Are you saying Greenville is the better system?