PRN Ambulance Info

Gordoemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hall is the best all round company but the hiring process is a pain. runner up is amr. Amr has versatility that you can transfer anywhere in the us after passing probation.

stay away from prn. they treat employees like crap. you get ran into the ground and your just money bags. they tried to deny people for stopping enroute to calls for water and bathroom breaks. They got sued on another class action lawsuit similar to the old one. Avo never learned his lesson and im sure they will be sued again.

they are super cheap but take only the highest paying calls. for example when a kaiser call comes in, if it is in la county they give a long eta vs la city a short eta since it pays more. administrators at kaiser and cedars have said they hate prn for this. when one ambulance makes 3-5 grand in one day and they wont take care of employees or get new unused equipment that is a problem. im so glad i got out of that place. you got micro managed and now that they use cell phones, they track you inside of hospitals and when you are out of the rig. smh. its an ift company not 911. avo and his clan burn bridges. I highly recommend people go else where only work at prn if you will be homeless if you dont. you will thank me late.r

OhItzJimmy

Forum Crew Member
I worked for them before they had their OC certification, they were a good company but after a few months they kept changing my schedule around then they officially took me off the schedule saying that my schedule was no longer available and a couple of my partners got hired as fulltime employees then a few months later they were told they weren't hired as full time employees even though the new hire paperwork says otherwise...

OhItzJimmy

Forum Crew Member
Going to a interview with PRN. Anyone recently hired What do they ask, what thay test on. What should I wear for the interview
I wore a suit & tie. They asked how do you do a rapid trauma assessment just verbalize everything. What to do if PT is bleeding and what to do if it won't stop. What does SAMPLE mean.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hall is the best all round company but the hiring process is a pain. runner up is amr. Amr has versatility that you can transfer anywhere in the us after passing probation.

stay away from prn. they treat employees like crap. you get ran into the ground and your just money bags. they tried to deny people for stopping enroute to calls for water and bathroom breaks. They got sued on another class action lawsuit similar to the old one. Avo never learned his lesson and im sure they will be sued again.

they are super cheap but take only the highest paying calls. for example when a kaiser call comes in, if it is in la county they give a long eta vs la city a short eta since it pays more. administrators at kaiser and cedars have said they hate prn for this. when one ambulance makes 3-5 grand in one day and they wont take care of employees or get new unused equipment that is a problem. im so glad i got out of that place. you got micro managed and now that they use cell phones, they track you inside of hospitals and when you are out of the rig. smh. its an ift company not 911. avo and his clan burn bridges. I highly recommend people go else where only work at prn if you will be homeless if you dont. you will thank me late.r
Hall is NOT that hard to get hired on with, both for techs and paramedics. Just go in, be honest, genuine, and don't BS the bosses. They can sniff this out really quickly.

I do have to chuckle from time to time when I see a post or poster who says it's that hard to get hired, because it really isn't. The trick to getting hired on honestly, is?...there is no trick. Just be honest, straightforward, and direct about your intentions. If it was meant to be, then it was meant to be, if not try again another time.

Either way, good luck to anyone trying to get hired on up here, we're almost always recruiting. I do know most of the higher ups fairly well so I say this with complete, and utter honesty.

trell959

Forum Probie
It's a pretty good place to work. A lot has changed over the last half year, but it's not bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I take back what I said. Avoid PRN. Incompetent dispatch, and they will try to make non DOTers run LA city calls. Supervisors will hassle you for requesting a bariatric gurney. No OT (rarely approved). Useless maintenance department. Only 8, 10, or 11 hour shifts. To get an 11 you have to work select ALS or CCT shifts. I'm part time scheduled at 20 hours a week and they still don't approve any of my shift pickup requests.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I take back what I said. Avoid PRN. Incompetent dispatch, and they will try to make non DOTers run LA city calls. Supervisors will hassle you for requesting a bariatric gurney. No OT (rarely approved). Useless maintenance department. Only 8, 10, or 11 hour shifts. To get an 11 you have to work select ALS or CCT shifts. I'm part time scheduled at 20 hours a week and they still don't approve any of my shift pickup requests.

I've been saying this all along.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

Have you called the DOT to inform them of this???? Nothing will ever change if people just sit by and watch the same illegal practices continue. But again thats LA city and they have the famous Scarborough on the team. Here is what I see happening in the next year.
1) AMR takes over Providence, Liberty loses and folds.
2)PRN loses Kaiser to your smaller providers using multiple providers not just one set.
3)Schaefer loses or pulls out of EOA's and either goes full IFT or files bankruptcy the replacement either CARE or AMR
4)AMR goes on a mass hiring spree like they did before and only those who haven't been evaporating their skills over time doing only dialysis will be hired leaving a mass need but making the little mom and pops key players in the ift game until somebody pees in the pool again and the feds are called out.
5)worse case, your big companys win all due to the poor income/profitability of medi/medi. Which leaves small companies struggling while the larger have more staff can handle or lay off half and survive.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

EMT9396

Forum Probie
I had an interview with them today. it was a group interview with 4 other people. in total it took an hour. everyone there was super nice. there was a written test, gurney lift test, and an oral interview. the interview they just want to know why youre into Ems and how you overcame a tough time in life. I'm hoping to hear back from them tomorrow. they also will do an interview before you have all of your certificates as long as you have registry.