Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

RGRTavs

Forum Ride Along
100 compressions!! What were you thinkin'. Not 80 not 60. One hundred per minute dag nagget. Stupid brain fart.:lol:

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
88 and we'll see. I'm 90% certain I passed, but I'm starting to doubt myself ^_^

Too Old To Work

Forum Lieutenant
I had to do the whole thing. Mine was on paper, well actually it was parchment and I used a Quill pen. Hippocrates was the medical director for my paramedic course.

I passed, but the score was in Roman Numerals and I forget what it was.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant

rbromme

Forum Crew Member
Took the exam this morning and it stopped at 70. It asked 2 questions twice which makes me worry. How can an adaptive test ask the same question twice?

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Took the exam this morning and it stopped at 70. It asked 2 questions twice which makes me worry. How can an adaptive test ask the same question twice?

did it have the same answers? i know some test ask questions twice to see if you second guess yourself. but those are normally on paper test tho

rbromme

Forum Crew Member
did it have the same answers? i know some test ask questions twice to see if you second guess yourself. but those are normally on paper test tho

Exact same answers even in the same order. That was what worried me, but the wrong answers were really wrong in my opinion.

Kidquick

Forum Probie
Mine stopped at 78. The last question was a large paragraph scenario with a full set of vitals, age, history, presentation, a lot of unnecessary filler. I think it was trying to throw me off one small detail buried in the middle of it: rales bilaterally. The answer was Nitro. I passed. B)

Kthanid

Forum Crew Member

Because the randomness and adaptiveness of these tests is what makes them a great sell to underfunded orgs who can't afford human testmarking staff.

In short, they stink.

Adaptive tests are actually an ancient 1950's concept where they got a guy in a glass window switching questions on the examinee to determine true ability and IQ etc and the whole thing was found to be crap and time consuming and also risky since they will randomly wipe out around 15-30% of candidates even someone who may know the subject 100%.

Which is why they were largely discarded and the hardcore academic world avoids using them. you can't risk having some guy who has just done 4 years worth of money and hard work learning an entire degree, fail everything on the last day thanks to some lunatic adaptive test.

the reason they are back in fashion again and sold to industries\orgs is computers can now do the adaptive bit at minimal cost- basically almost as cheap as "computer marked multiple choice tests" but have extra marketing frills being "Adaptive" to try and make up for the fact it is still a crap cheapo way to test anything.

You get an adaptive test because your registering org bought from the 2nd lowest bidder, and your money and time committment to the partricular course was seen as acceptably expendable for what they deliver.

Last edited by a moderator: