Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Stopped at 70...

We'll see on Monday. I left feeling iffy, but from what everyone says that's a normal phenomenon. I do remember having plenty of complicated questions, so maybe that's a good sign. Guess I just have to anaesthetize with scotch until then.

strangerdude88

Forum Probie
Second time around, got stopped at 70(first time at 120). I left like I did pretty well, we will find out soon.

thenuke1

Forum Probie
i was hoping my first post on here would be on better terms but....

1st try shut off at 120 and failed... i was so confused and didn't even know what to think about some of those questions.

2nd try stopped at 76 and failed. I was feeling pretty good about it. Not because 70 seems to be the magic number because i honestly felt that 90% of my answers were correct. I even walked out and told the guy monitering the test "i hope this is a good sign" and he replyed " in my experiences it always is" so i got even more pumped ... just checked to today and i didnt pass. Man does this test talk everything out of you. I was SO sure id waked up and see that i passed.

im happy for everyone that found out they passed today.

Last edited by a moderator:

strangerdude88

Forum Probie
Don't let it get to you, change your study habits, find new tests, and do not take a break until you pass. Good luck man!

i was hoping my first post on here would be on better terms but....

1st try shut off at 120 and failed... i was so confused and didn't even know what to think about some of those questions.

2nd try stopped at 76 and failed. I was feeling pretty good about it. Not because 70 seems to be the magic number because i honestly felt that 90% of my answers were correct. I even walked out and told the guy monitering the test "i hope this is a good sign" and he replyed " in my experiences it always is" so i got even more pumped ... just checked to today and i didnt pass. Man does this test talk everything out of you. I was SO sure id waked up and see that i passed.

im happy for everyone that found out they passed today.

thenuke1

Forum Probie
Don't let it get to you, change your study habits, find new tests, and do not take a break until you pass. Good luck man!

if you dont mind me asking what did you do to study? i have the Prehospital Emergency Care, 9/E & Emtb.com, and i just downloaded the NHTSA anything you can add ? OH ! i also bought that stupid flash card book ... worthless.

SR17

Forum Crew Member
if you dont mind me asking what did you do to study? i have the Prehospital Emergency Care, 9/E & Emtb.com, and i just downloaded the NHTSA anything you can add ? OH ! i also bought that stupid flash card book ... worthless.

I passed after 83 questions and studied Pearson Hall's EMT Achieve, and it was the best I had found out of all the others available. Also, the "green" Brady EMT book is a great text as well.

Good luck man, and like most have said dont give up, this test is possible to pass, trust me.

EDIT: Check this too, I found this thread to be a lot of help - http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=9078

Last edited by a moderator:

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Ya I used emt-national-training.com too, heard that was the best practice test site. We got together with several friends and only paid $10 each for the three month subscription versus one person paying $60. I highly recommend using emt-national-training.com and average 90's and 100's then take the NREMT. The questions were so vague on the nremt, it was almost as if any one of the answers could have been right.

I used:
http://www.emt-national-training.com/
Paid the three month subscription fee since I didn't know how long it would take me to actually get to the test. Glad I did. I ended up using a good two months of it.

strangerdude88

Forum Probie
I used the Brady Books Emergency Care 11th Edition and the workbook it came with, you can find these two on amazon for about $50-$70, I used the flashcards that I used during school, the book also provided me with online access to practice tests and a cd with more practice tests. When I failed my first test I was able to see what areas I was below passing so I mainly focused on those but you should study all areas. This second time around I didn't even read one chapter. I would take the practice test for each chapter and look up the questions I got wrong, highlight the area, and take the same test the next day. After I had tested in all the chapters I would skim through five chapters a day and read all the highlighted areas to learn the material I was getting wrong. This was one of my few study techniques. Any more questions feel free to pm me. I also know the instructor that teaches the UCLA course and he offers free nremt prep courses, I can give you his email If you want.

Oiball

Forum Probie
NREMT-B first attempt, 70 questions and passed. I didn't purchase any study materials, but I did take several online practice tests listed previously in this thread. I took the test at 5:00 yesterday and had results by 8:30 this morning.

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
Registry

Paramedic Registry, first attempt, 150 questions on the dot, last one I got correct (which I know does not matter), results in 3 hours, PASSED!!!!:

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
EMT-I 1st attempt. Did I think 85-89 questions and passed!

Just have to wait for my practicals (passed) to process and I can get my numbers!