Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Tara_SacCA

Forum Probie
So for those of us who answered more questions and passed, does that mean we were answering more questions wrong than those who passed with 70? :( I feel dumb. :(

Dont feel dumb...you passed right???!!!! If you answered 15 questions or 120 questions passing is passing!! Be Proud!! :)

Nickle

Forum Ride Along
Intermediate/85.

96 questions, passed, first attempt.
Took it on a Thursday and was worried I wouldn't get my results before I left for vacation on Friday but I did so that salvaged that trip, as I could relax.

HuiNeng

Forum Probie
70, passed

One question appeared twice. Spent 33 minutes taking the exam.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Dont feel dumb...you passed right???!!!! If you answered 15 questions or 120 questions passing is passing!! Be Proud!! :)
Proud of passing, but not proud of passing with such a high number, which I believe would mean I answered more things wrong before it determined I was above passing standards.

Anyhow I finally got my state cert today. Now I just need to get FEMA (NIMS and ICS), ADL, and some supplemental courses such as Hazmat out of the way. One of my instructors supposedly is gonna allow me to shadow him at Great America, but he wanted me to get my state cert first after I called him regarding it. Now that I got it, he hasn't been picking up his phone or called me back. Hopefully he isn't backing out of that idea because I was really looking forward to it. A couple of months before I am 21, which is what most ambulance companies in my area want for insurance purposes so hopefully this Great America thing can give me a bit more experience before hand and also it's emergency (things like heat exhaustion at a theme park) rather than IFT.. I do look forward to IFT time though and working in on an ambulance... it's surprising that people don't actually go for IFT jobs around here from what I can see because there are several mainly-IFT ambulance companies that are hiring, but EMTs I've talked with haven't been biting because they want to work for AMR (they hold the contract for most of the counties around here) and soon to be Paramedic Plus in Alco.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silence

Forum Ride Along
hey aprz, what training program did you go through? i went through SJCC and like 3 of the instructors were working at great america.

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Intermediate/85.

96 questions, passed, first attempt.
Took it on a Thursday and was worried I wouldn't get my results before I left for vacation on Friday but I did so that salvaged that trip, as I could relax.

Congrats!

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
So for those of us who answered more questions and passed, does that mean we were answering more questions wrong than those who passed with 70? :( I feel dumb. :(

Passed with 70 or 121 at the end of the day makes you a what a ::::::EMT::::::

BearChicago

Forum Ride Along
I think mine ended at 78 and I passed. I was sure I failed. That test has a way of magnifying what's hard so much that you forget about all of the questions you knew you answered correctly.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
hey aprz, what training program did you go through? i went through SJCC and like 3 of the instructors were working at great america.
I also went through SJCC and I am talking about Manny if you remember him. He actually called me up today (hurray!) so it looks like it might be happening, but not saying it will. You're the second guy that I know of to come through EMTLife and also gone through SJCC. If you came from the (I think it was the) Fall 2010 with the class that had 7 people pass (or something ridiculous), I got to meet Randy through EMTLife. Chris and Mia were in my class (that would be cool if you did). Randy got a job at Royal Ambulance recently. I also know Filbert, but I don't know what class he was in, if you happen to know him. We took Clinical Tech together.

Heh, I realized a little bit late that SCC EMS Agency sent me the cert of another EMT also by mistake. I got my cert, but I got somebody else cert too. Gonna drive there this morning to return it to them. Hopefully he isn't as anxious as I was to get my cert from the state/county. What's up with SCC EMS Agency? Outdated location (it has both Lenzen and Bascom location kind of mix and match everywhere on the county site), and they sent my cert one day after it was supposedly issued. Now I got somebody else cert (but mine also thankfully). What's next? :p

Oh dang, I just looked back a couple of pages to see that you recently passed the NREMT yourself. Have you gotten your state cert yet? Info on the website is outdate (well, parts of it... It's not 645 South Bascom, it's 976 Lenzen Suite 1200 (walk to 1300, make a left, enter door, first room to the right). You and I could've been the same class! Chances are that if you were in my class you probably hated me though. Not too much people liked me. I started off on the wrong foot kind of being too open and loud in the beginning and slowly got quiet near the end. I was told by three different students that they wanted to punch me in the face, which is what gives me the hint that they didn't like me, and every mistake I made people rolled their eyes and made sarcastic comments (oh well). :x I took the Fri/Sat class with Tim. My name is Andrew (I sat next to a bigger loud mouth, but more funny, Ken in the back of the class on the left portion of the class if you're facing the white board). I live in Hayward in Alco, but I decided to get certified with SCC since I took the class down there, know more people down there, and really liked it better down there than Alco (I also was going to Chabot's EMT program in parallel just for kicks).

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Funny thing is that even when you pay for the state/county cert, they give you a receipt with all of the county's old info on it.

0625000157.jpg

Sorry, censored some info cause I don't want to give out info on my full exact name and stuff like that (was even scared that numbers could point to exactly who I am). You know? Good practice not to do that kind of stuff on the Internet. I don't mind saying my first name, vaguely where I live, and stuff like that though.

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Funny thing is that even when you pay for the state/county cert, they give you a receipt with all of the county's old info on it.

0625000157.jpg

Sorry, censored some info cause I don't want to give out info on my full exact name and stuff like that (was even scared that numbers could point to exactly who I am). You know? Good practice not to do that kind of stuff on the Internet. I don't mind saying my first name, vaguely where I live, and stuff like that though.

Funny.... somebody in IT maybe forgot they moved.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

0625000157.jpg

My state never sent me a receipt that I remember. I feel so jipped! At least you got one with the wrong address, I didnt get one at all! :p

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, I live in county and I hear it's pretty different down here from what you guys got. I went to my local EMS agency (well, not local one, but still close by), walked in, paid for it, they gave me that receipt. :p I wish they would've allowed me to pick it up though cause they sent it from that very spot (the lady I spoke with personally sent it herself) and it took 3 business days for it to get to me.. I was a little mad that it was sent on the 18th when it was issued the 17th, but only a couple of days now and it's the pass. I got it now.

esmcdowell

Forum Crew Member
85 questions and passed.

JD.

Forum Ride Along
1st time it stopped at 70 something and I didn't pass.
2nd time 120 questions and 2 hrs of testing and I passed! :wub: