Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Got my card, patch, and cert. in today.

nremt.jpg

Mail came in too late for me to go to my county to get a license to practice from the State so I'll set that up tomorrow. Do this quick.

red_head

Forum Probie
Taking the exam tomorrow:unsure:

Wish me luck:blush:

No, actually.. don't wish me luck. Since it has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with knowledge/skill

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
You got it Red Head :D

Taking mine again sometime after the 16th. Studying like crazy after my move here this weekend.

galadriel

Forum Probie
NREMT where test stopped; p/fail?

I took the exam just this last week. It stopped after 70 questions and I left, feeling unsure of how I did. I was prepared for it to take the entire two hours. I passed; in fact most of our 30 graduates have passed the first time so far. (Baldy View ROP EMT program, Ontario, California. BEST experience! I really recommend it.)

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
I took the exam just this last week. It stopped after 70 questions and I left, feeling unsure of how I did. I was prepared for it to take the entire two hours. I passed; in fact most of our 30 graduates have passed the first time so far. (Baldy View ROP EMT program, Ontario, California. BEST experience! I really recommend it.)

I hate that feeling of uncertainty. Its like wait I know my abcs and what to do etc, but why do I feel like I answered the ques wrong? :(

well I had a 98-99% avg in my class and really knew my stuff . Thank god I passed but I wish tests like that wouldn't leave u feeling so "uncertain"

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
My test is tomorrow. June 10th 2010. I am studying OB, Cardiac, Airway, Assesment, Baseline vitals, and Ambulance operation.

My school has a 94% first time pass rate for the NREMT, I don't plan on devreasing that number.

I'll post more after I get my score.

red_head

Forum Probie
Took it at 2:45 pm yesterday. Test stopped at 70 questions after 45 minutes.

I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hate the way it's formatted to basically MAKE you feel like you have no idea what you're doing. I had the highest grade in my class last summer and passed my state certification exam with no problems whatsoever. I know the material down the the littlest details, and yet, due to the way the questions and answers are formatted, I almost never knew with any degree of certainty that I got an answer right. Out of all 70 questions, there were maybe 6 that were 'cut-and-dried' where I knew without any shadow of a doubt that I answered them correctly.

Like many of you said, I left very unsure of how I did. I hated that feeling, but I respect it completely. This is often how we're going to feel in the field. In real life situations, you rarely can do something 'by the textbook'. There are a lot of grey areas, and in many situations we're going to be left unsure.

Another thing is that I was asked the same question twice, just worded differently on two different occasions.. I was like, well, I sure hope I answered it correctly the first time or else that's 4 wrong answers...

Anyhow, I logged onto the NREMT website this morning and... I passed!

:beerchug::D

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Took it at 2:45 pm yesterday. Test stopped at 70 questions after 45 minutes.

I had a love/hate relationship with it. I hate the way it's formatted to basically MAKE you feel like you have no idea what you're doing. I had the highest grade in my class last summer and passed my state certification exam with no problems whatsoever. I know the material down the the littlest details, and yet, due to the way the questions and answers are formatted, I almost never knew with any degree of certainty that I got an answer right. Out of all 70 questions, there were maybe 6 that were 'cut-and-dried' where I knew without any shadow of a doubt that I answered them correctly.

Like many of you said, I left very unsure of how I did. I hated that feeling, but I respect it completely. This is often how we're going to feel in the field. In real life situations, you rarely can do something 'by the textbook'. There are a lot of grey areas, and in many situations we're going to be left unsure.

Another thing is that I was asked the same question twice, just worded differently on two different occasions.. I was like, well, I sure hope I answered it correctly the first time or else that's 4 wrong answers...

Anyhow, I logged onto the NREMT website this morning and... I passed!

:beerchug::D

Congrats!

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
65 question 35 min. I'll know in the morning if I passed.

Last edited by a moderator:

plamlfc

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B, 65-70 questions, passed.

DO NOT take it on a Friday if you care about any sleep at all during the weekend.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I recommend taking it on Tuesday so you get the patch, card, and cert on Friday instead of waiting until Monday to get it. It's 1st class mail that takes 3 business days to get to you. I had to wait the whole weekend for it just because I decided to take it on Wednesday instead.. and then it kind of suck to try to figure out how to get my State cert. Still waiting for it, but it's only been five days (would got it done two days earlier if little brother didn't take my mail from the NREMT and the local EMS agency website was up to do on location and phone numbers to find it).

rjbaker06

Forum Ride Along
I Passed 70 Questions!

I was so stressed. The test wasnt even that hard after using jb test prep I quizzed my self on about 800 questions of jb prep for a week prior. The test was cake! I'm so excited. Now I only have to county cert and I'm on my was to work! ya!B)

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
yup don't take it on friday

One of my instructors took the test on a Friday and said he spent all weekend in bed acting like a kid on Christmas Eve... "maybe if I just sleep, it"ll get here faster!"