Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Phireguy

Forum Ride Along
I got cut off at 70, waiting on my results...
This is my second time taking the test...the first time, I got cut off at 70..

Crossing my fingers!!

CityEMT212

Forum Crew Member
Just for information purposes...A "Fun Facts" Thread"!

Would everyone post the number of questions you answered before the test stopped. And post if you passed or failed.

It would be interesting to see, how many answered 70'ish and if they passed or failed. And how many answered 100'ish and if they passed or failed.

Who's got the record for passing with the minimum number of questions answered and the maximum number of questions answered?

Who's got the record for failing with the minimum number of questions answered and the maximum number of questions answered?

In NYS, there are 110 questions with a passing grade of 70. I take my state test in September, 2018. I'll come back to let ya'll know *I passed"... (fingers crossed...)

HardWorking

Forum Probie
Failed my first attempt - NREMT-P at 150
Passed 2nd attempt at 130.
I literally read the book over the second ime. Used Jb learning but more so Medic Test.com. I also developed different studying methods to help me retain information. Don’t give up. Keep pushing

firemhan

Forum Ride Along
I wanted to leave a few comments here. Yes, I passed after 70 questions as well. NREMT-BASIC

I have been a Paramedic in California for almost 20 years. NR was alot different in 1999. I am currently looking to promote to a Fire Chief's position, and was required to have a minimum of NREMT-B to be considered. I let my NREMT-P lapse in 2004...because it was hard to maintain and we didn't need it anymore (HUGE MISTAKE). Mind you, I'm a local college instructor. Still active in the field. I have never lapsed and we have a pretty aggressive expanded scope. I though the EMT-B exam would be easy. I teach it! I think I'm a damn good medic. Until right around question 10.

I walked out of the Pearson Vue test absolutely knowing I failed. I could not believe how deep some of the questions were into patho-physiology! Inotropic effects, hemoglobin and enzyme variants, polarization cycles! I'm not giving the farm away...but when I talked to other people about my test, they too were blown away. Maybe I got some of the secret pilot questions. I honestly was expecting ABC, PENMAN, DCAP-BTLS, OB/GYN stuff, etc. But then, I got some ambulance driving questions which are mentioned in text books for just a couple of sentences. It was nerve racking. I admire you new folks chasing this, because if your tests were anything like mine, WOW! You're so much farther ahead than I was when I first became an EMT in 1993!

The point is, STUDY! Remember BLS before ALS. Do simple stuff first. Do the logical thing first. Use common sense.

Oh...and teach the old guys a thing or two. We need it. And for what it's worth, keep your NR certs up to date. You may be like me in 20 years looking for a promotion and freaking out!

Jzink

Forum Ride Along
Took my test this morning at 8am. Shut off at 70. Nervous as all get out! I feel strong about some of the questions but the Gyno questions really had me sweating and it felt like I had more of them then anything else! Waiting on results!

Jzink

Forum Ride Along
Took my test this morning at 8am. Shut off at 70. Nervous as all get out! I feel strong about some of the questions but the Gyno questions really had me sweating and it felt like I had more of them then anything else! Waiting on results!

Update: I passed!

K J

Forum Ride Along
Took my test Friday. It stopped at 70 questions and I was positive I bombed it. Got the results this morning....passed first attempt.

Rprent195

Forum Ride Along
Took the NREMT-B last month failed at 88 questions, took it again yesterday got to 100 questions woke up to find out I passed!

sharpe15

Forum Ride Along
70 Passed. I was convinced I failed it, about half the questions were about things I'd never even heard of. I guess that's the "adaptive" part of the test.

Crayons

Forum Ride Along
went ALL the way to 120 questions then it kicked me off... i was so upset because i was convinced that i failed. That test really makes you think, but i made sure to remember hallmark signs for important diseases. woke up this morning, logged in and BOOM! a big fat CONGRATULATIONS!!!! i passsed. i really think the emtprep app and the emt crash course book helped alot.

Jesus Holbrook

Forum Ride Along
I guess we all googled the same thing and found this.Failed my first time at 125questions, and passed the 2nd at 110. Probably by the skin of my teeth, but I got it!! I'm never going to stop studying so I can pass this test every 2 years. Hopefully one of the companies I work for will have a deal to help out with paramedic school.

Exam Vs Bad Touch

Forum Probie
Just finished NREMTP third try. Stopped at 113ish. Not going to lie, I’m feeling it. First try was after I took a break from EMS to take care of family. Stopped around 85, missed the last question, second try was a month or so later. This time they stopped me around 147, missed the last question. This time was about 2 months after the 2nd try, I was calmer, and focused on the questions. Got the last question right. Tried to remember BLS before ALS, and took time before the exam to review Med and trauma skill sheets. I’ll update tomorrow.