Post-Interview?

nick Joseph

Forum Crew Member
How long does it usually take to hear back about getting the job or not? From your OWN personal experiences ..

What should i do now? Follow up every week?
It's been about 3 days

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I would wait 2 weeks then call to follow up.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You did send a handwritten thank you card to the interviewer, right?

Wait a week and then call.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
You did send a handwritten thank you card to the interviewer, right?
I have never done that, and it has never affected me getting a job. Odds are, if they are conducting mass interviews, they won't even remember your name, except for the notes they take on you during the interview process. Further, they will judge you on a semi-objective scale/point system (to prevent accusations of discrimination in the hiring process), and have already graded you during your interview, so the follow up card won't affect your employment one way or another. That is how it is for all entry level jobs, not just public safety.

getting a business card, and sending a follow up email to those who interviewed you is more than enough. Plus, with a direct way to contact them, you will have a direct contact to follow up regarding the job opportunity.

wait 2 weeks, then follow up. Also, until you get the job offer, keep applying elsewhere. the more apps you fill out, the better your chances of getting the job.