Possible Job?

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
So I recently went into one of my local ambulance companies and filled out an application. After I filled it out, I met with the operations manager. He asked a bunch of questions (kinda like a small interview). He wanted me to come back the next day with all my paper work the usual state license number, cpr card, nremt card etc. But he also wanted a copy of my driving record. So I went back the next day dropped everything off, and he said "Give me a few days to figure everything out". From what I was told what do you guys/gals think my chances are getting the job?

OP
OP
Micro_87

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
Sounds good to me, I'd give him a day or two and call him to check in.

I originally went in on Monday, and dropped all the paper work off Tuesday. I was thinking about calling Friday.

OP
OP
Micro_87

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
Looks good. Do you know ppl who work there?

No, not at all. The company I took my schooling threw is my first choice, and I knew alot of people there. But here not a solo.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
Yea I'd call him on Friday, just be confident and friendly. Ask him if there's anything else he might need. Or I'd go in person, maybe bring donuts or something.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
No, not at all. The company I took my course thru is my first choice, and I knew a_ lot of people there. But here not a soul.

Let me just correct that for you.

It sounds like your application drop off went well. As you suggested, calling on either Friday or Monday sounds like a good solution. Be prepared to discuss scheduling (when you're available), and be prepared to ask questions about pay, benefits, work environment, call mix, precepting, etc.

OP
OP
Micro_87

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
So I just received a call from the operations manager of the company. He want's to bring me in on Tuesday for a formal interview with him and the HR manager. I have no idea what to expect from this. What kind of questions do they ask, any possibility of and scenario's questions that I might have to answer? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
I thought I was in the same situation with Doctors Ambulance. Submitted an app online through AMR. Got an email the next day asking me to bring in my certs and licenses to continue with the application. Showed up and front desk woman was like uhh, who'd you talk to?

OP
OP
Micro_87

Micro_87

Forum Crew Member
Well I just received a call from the company, and I got the job!
:cool: