Polishing suggestions

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone have any suggestions for what to polish these metal pieces with? They are obviously a different metal or something than the factory bumper. We use normal polishing stuff on the bumper just fine, but nothing has worked for us to keep the siren horns and the trim pieces from looking like this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
MVIMG_20180513_064120.jpeg
IMG_20180513_064148.jpeg

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
i've never seen an ambulance siren that was chrome, or polish-able.

I would contact the dealer and see what they use to make them all shiny prior to delivery. We all know they make everything look nice and pretty, so they would probably be my first person to call. And they would also be able to tell you if you can't make it shiny due to the particular metal.

OP
OP
NPO

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
i've never seen an ambulance siren that was chrome, or polish-able.

I would contact the dealer and see what they use to make them all shiny prior to delivery. We all know they make everything look nice and pretty, so they would probably be my first person to call. And they would also be able to tell you if you can't make it shiny due to the particular metal.
I've reached out to them to ask what metal it is, so I can find a proper solution. I'm just trying multiple avenues.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Paint them.

Last edited: