Please tell me about Hall Ambulance

thegoalcole

Forum Ride Along
Hi,
I was wondering if anbody has gone through the Hall EMT Academy? I am attending the orientation and was wondering what the next step after that was?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is the question about Hall, I know they have been around a while....... But how "secure" are they? Be a shame to see a great local EMS provider get bought out by AMR or some company like that seeking to take over the entire area.

Joe

Forum Captain
Fish, if i remember right the county is divided into unique opperating areas. If someone wants to.buy out a company all the other areas have to agree on it. Hall has built his empire since 1971. Seems like he did something right. I doubt there would be any way for amr/rural metro to buy them.

Goalcoal, are you already an emt or not certified yet?

energystar

Forum Crew Member
Hall is owned and has been owned by the Hall family since creation. The owner of Hall is Harvey Hall who is also the mayor of Bakersfield. I would say Hall Ambulance is very secure. On the other hand, AMR is on the downfall in many parts of California and on the verge of losing the majority of their contracts in Southern California. So I don't believe it would be AMR to take them over but crazier things have happened.

Joe

Forum Captain
Goalcoal, welcome man! Academy is basically emt school from start to finnish. You show up in uniform and do classroom stuff for however long class is (cant remember) good luck

I don't think AMR will lose San Bernardino and Riverside counties when the time comes.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
What is Medic pay, and do they pay for experience? Know a few Medics in SD who would love to know

energystar

Forum Crew Member
I remember talking to a coworker who worked at hall about a year ago as an EMT. I don't remember the hourly wage but he was saying most medics were pulling in around $38000. The cost of living in Bakersfield and the surrounding area is going to be about half of what it costs in SD. So that money will go a little farther than it would down south.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember talking to a coworker who worked at hall about a year ago as an EMT. I don't remember the hourly wage but he was saying most medics were pulling in around $38000. The cost of living in Bakersfield and the surrounding area is going to be about half of what it costs in SD. So that money will go a little farther than it would down south.

Thanks for the response, I guess that is starting? I wonder if they pay for experience. I will have to email and ask

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't work there. From what I recall, they have a step system. As you move up steps, you get hire pay. Step 1 was $12.88/hour for EMTs.

amscotty

Forum Ride Along
Hi,
I was wondering if anbody has gone through the Hall EMT Academy? I am attending the orientation and was wondering what the next step after that was?

Hey man, how did your orientation go? and did you already finish the academy?