Placentia Transition with Lynch

EMT Rookie

Forum Probie
I’m hearing and reading great things about the Placentia transition with Lynch. Lynch has been fully integrated with the new fire department and communications center. From what I’m seeing on their FB accounts the Lynch medics are working out of the fire stations and spend a lot of training with the fire guys. I even heard the Emergency Ambulance EMTs are getting an opportunity to get more involved on calls with the Lynch medics. Anyone else have any insider info on how the transition is going?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Going great. I work here currently. They have been hitting all there benchmarks so far without any issues. I think only 8 times they called for mutual aid in July ( could be off by few) compared to about 70 times last year with ocfa.
we still aren’t getting used for much mutual aide though from what it feels like but hopefully the other local Fire departments come to there senses.

as for emergency, I talked to a crew other day and they like the transition saying the current lynch crews in placentia let them do more hands on with the patient

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
So there are 2 ambulances going to each call? Placentia needs to scrap this BS model and just have Lynch transport. You're not getting used for aid because OCFA is swinging their **** around acting like a bunch of *******s. Standard OCFA. I do not agree at all with how PFD is being run, but finally someone had the balls to challenge the EMS situation behind the Orange Curtain.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
So there are 2 ambulances going to each call? Placentia needs to scrap this BS model and just have Lynch transport. You're not getting used for aid because OCFA is swinging their **** around acting like a bunch of *******s. Standard OCFA. I do not agree at all with how PFD is being run, but finally someone had the balls to challenge the EMS situation behind the Orange Curtain.
That’s the plan I believe but emergency has the BLS transport contract until next year. As of now Lynch jumps in with emergency. So two ambulances on scene but believe ( from what I hear at least) there waiting for there contract to end.

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to hear they've upped their game. When I worked there it was horrible. EVERY shift meds were expired, monitor batteries wouldn't last a whole transport, old rigs. Dreaded going to work there every shift.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Glad to hear they've upped their game. When I worked there it was horrible. EVERY shift meds were expired, monitor batteries wouldn't last a whole transport, old rigs. Dreaded going to work there every shift.
oh damn haha yeah definitely different. Meds and equipment is always good and if something is broken it’s automatically taken off the rig. Most the medicsI feel try to keep everything in top shape.