Personal Business Cards

MikeEMTB

Forum Probie
So I am an EMT-B graduating college in may, and wanting to get my Masters in PA studies. The service I am currently with is volunteer (In school full time undergrad w/ clinical rotations couldn't do paid full time), and doesn't have company business cards. It was suggested to me that I get personal business cards printed with my name, contact info and certifications on it so that I can pass it along to drs, instructors etc. that I meet. I have yet to see a medical business card with certifications on it, let alone a personal business card without company affiliation. So i was wondering if any of you have, or have seen and could give some words of advice on how to do it and what to put on them. Thanks!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Work supplies us with blank cards that we can put our names on. I have never felt the need to give them to other providers. I give them to patients when they want to write a thank you to the chief, and now when I have to do grant related things. But there isn't exactly a card exchange happening at the ED...

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
When I used to teach and speak at conferences I did that. It was sort of useful in that context.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I only have one for my photography job. That's it

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Personal business cards are cheap and occasionally useful for networking. They don't have to be fancy. Mine are B&W with my name, address, phone, email, EMS certifications, degree, and the media I write for. It costs, like, $20-30 for 500 -- a no-brainer.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Mine are solid black with a white phone number dead center.

That's it.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
image.jpeg

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I had them while I was a CPR Instructor on the side; I used them a lot.

I always had a few from my Private EMS service (and a few from other services: had a frequent flyer on the 911 side that I gave a card to for a rival private company {He stopped calling 911 and started calling them 6-10 times a month. After a few months they gave him our card and he started calling us}).