PD stops speeding doctor, gets suspended

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Police officer who stops speeding doctor gets suspended

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. A Florida police officer is being punished for handcuffing and ticketing a doctor who was speeding to deliver a baby.
Doctor Anthony Chidiac was driving his motorcycle ten miles over the speed limit last March when he was pulled over in Fort Lauderdale.

According to police records, when the doctor said he was on his way to a delivery, the officer replied, "What are you delivering, pizza?"

[Read More!]

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Aren't we hard on cops!! :ph34r:

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Mar 29 2005, 08:44 PM
Hahaha! No where near as hard as we should be.

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
And yet, who would you call if you needed one?

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Phridae+Mar 29 2005, 07:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phridae @ Mar 29 2005, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-coloradoemt@Mar 29 2005, 08:44 PM
Hahaha! No where near as hard as we should be. [/b][/quote]
Our society is very near a zero mistake tollerance way of life. It affects cops, fire fighters, emts, medics, etc. I realize those of us who are in public service oriented jobs need to be on the top of our game, but we are all only human. It irritates me when someone is crucified simply because in their day to day stressfull judgement call filled hours, they make a decision that the rest of the public does not agree with. I am curious why an ambulance was not running to this womans aid instead of a doc in his pov....

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
One wonders why he was "cuffed" for a moving violation ? Sounds like we are not getting the WHOLE story. I'm not against cops..as having been an officer before, but a little common sense .. c'mon.. "pizza delivery ?" I doubt the O.B./Gyn was driving a tempo with a sign on top. I assume the doc was on the way to the hospital, and BOTH might had an attitude.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I've met lots of cops and it's just like any other profession, you have the good ones and you have the a holes, then you have those that fall inbetween, and the idiots, and the really smart ones that lack common sense, and the ones with common sense that are dumber than a brick, but I digress...

The only difference is the jacka$$es make the paper every week. Do something good and there's usually just a blurp in the back section, do something dumb or be an *** and it's front page.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Ridryder911+Mar 30 2005, 12:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ridryder911 @ Mar 30 2005, 12:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>One wonders why he was "cuffed" for a moving violation ? Sounds like we are not getting the WHOLE story. [/b]

Gotta agree with that - somehow me thinks both worked each other up.
Originally posted by Ridryder911@Mar 30 2005, 12:27 PM
a little common sense .. c'mon.. "pizza delivery ?" I doubt the O.B./Gyn was driving a tempo with a sign on top.
:D :rolleyes: :lol:
<!--QuoteBegin-Wingnut
@Mar 30 2005, 01:19 PM
The only difference is the jacka$$es make the paper every week. Do something good and there's usually just a blurp in the back section, do something dumb or be an *** and it's front page. [/quote]
Yep.

And delivring baby 15 minutes later? the doc ALWAYS deliver in his Leathers? Or does he ride his bike in scrubs?

Jon