Pay Question

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I was wondering if anybody knows if most hospitals hold your first check. I believe the hospital I will be working for has 2 week pay periods, but I am not certain. Does this mean that I will not get a paycheck for 1 month after I start?

ECC

Forum Captain
Most 2 week payrolls hold you for one pay period, depending on when you enter the system.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
So if that were the case.... it would be 1 full month before I got a check... correct?

ECC

Forum Captain
say you come in on the first day of the pay cycle, it is possible to get he second week pay, but not probable.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
But don't ask them until you're sitting down filling out your employment paperwork.

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
yep. I work for a hospital and they hold the first check, so you don't get paid until 1 month from starting. It sucks, but when you leave, you get a check 2 weeks after you're gone. hope that helps

vtemti

Forum Captain
More than likely it will be held. The payrolls of most larger companies are done by accounting firms that, in many cases, are not even in the same state.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Chimpie@Aug 21 2005, 06:11 AM
But don't ask them until you're sitting down filling out your employment paperwork.
I've taken half my jobs without knowing how much I was going to be paid because of that lol.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well I know how much I will be paid. That I did ask, but the rest is still up in the air.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm used to places holding it for 1 week... 2 week pay period, ends on thursday, checks are out the next friday....

Jon