Patients Plus - Alameda County

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Well we all just got an email about being layed off. :censored::censored::censored::censored: this place, they close the only money makin operation to "focus on 911". No you need to focus on being less evil and learning how to treat employees. I haven't met a single person that enjoys working here.

Just a warning, don't take a job at P+. Just wait until they fold and ALCO takes it over or until another company takes it over

Same boat here in OKC.

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
if thats rumor is for sure then its gonna suck for those 25 EMTS because there wont be any units for them, they have yet to order more units, the MHT units were sent back to Texas because they didnt research hard enough so they have to reorder the right units (cage wouldnt fit), apparently we are getting 5 e-350 units coming from texas designed for MHT, but probably wont happen till at-least march since the previous units couldn't even pass smog

The entire MHT transport idea was scrapped. Partly because they couldn't fit a cage in them, but also because the units themselves can't pass California emission standards.

umjoyzuix

Forum Ride Along
Hey,
I read the post but i don't have any idea about Patients Plus.if any body have any idea.kindly post here in details..

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
They are getting shut down, paramedics plus is a failing company.... Stay away!!
It's a bot. I was bored and checked his name online. Joined 15 other forums at the same time, had random things to say that sorta pertained. Advertise lock smith via his signature, which I guess doesn't work here until after a couple of posts.

I talked with some guys from Patients and Paramedics Plus. I am told they all got notices that they are getting laid off at the end of June, but I guess some of them might get sucked into Paramedics Plus if they are lucky.

All the new ambulance companies in the bay area aren't doing so hot now, lol. All these false promises to get rid of AMR.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
As of now we have a choice of taking the lay off or go part time als in which we fight with around 250 other part timers for shifts , the first few academies will have fulltime spots just the recent nee academies are getting shafted and placed in part time

birdhouseinmysoul

Forum Ride Along
Anyone currently work for them and can offer some insight? What should I expect?

I applied as an EMT, just took their written test, and am now waiting to hear back from them.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
The company is now called Paramedics Plus (Patients Plus is gone). What would you like to know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think he is asking what to expect with the hiring process.

I don't work there like people would guess. I am just very familiar with the SF Bay Area EMS and have worked at companies like it. If you look under my username, it also says I am a fake paramedic (but I am not as fake as Obi Akramy). Just a thought.

If you passed the written test, you can expect a skill test and oral clinical interview after that. I do not know specifically what it was for EMTs, but it was three patient assessments for paramedics: an adult scenario, a pediatric scenario, and an ACLS megacode. EMTs don't do ACLS so I don't know if they'd just have you do a BLS CPR scenario instead. The oral clinical interview was about ten questions and was questions like "Tell us the difference between left and right sided heart failure" for paramedics. I doubt they would ask the same questions to EMTs, but be prepared to answer questions like that. After that, you can probably expect to schedule a very short and brief phone interview that is pretty much done to make things legit I guess. Then you'll probably do a physical agility test like carrying weighted bags up and down a stair, continuous chest compressions for 10 minutes, and lifting a backboard with weight on it with somebody else simulating an actual patient be transferred from one spot to the gurney and then off the gurney. When they do the physical agility test, I believe the check your heart rate after that, and your heart rate should not exceed (220-age)*0.9 (ie if you are age 25, it would be (220-25)*0.9 = 195 * 0.9 = about 175, your heart rate should not go above 175 when doing this) so make sure to not drink (a lot) of caffeine or take anything that would elevate your heart rate.

birdhouseinmysoul

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the response, great info. Assuming a passing score on the written test, do you know what the likelihood of being asked to come back is for the remainder of the hiring process?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I can only make an assumption here. If they bothered to have you come in to take the written test then they probably will have you continue through the hiring process if you passed the written. Makes sense to me.