Paramedics Plus Alameda County

geotuna93

Forum Probie
I have not filled out an application. I went online to where it says apply here. when you click there it takes you to the company employment site. on the site it says that they are only hiring medics with 10+ years of field experience. However, on the web site that is just for paramedics+, it says that they are hiring part time emts. I emailed the contact given for the medic hiring announcement and got the automated email. Does any one know where I would find the number for the recruiter in Texas?

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
(903) 597-0351.... That's East Texas Medical Centers phone number. Call it and ask for Jared Mullins.

OP
OP
AnthonyTheEmt

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck man. I know a lot of people have complained about some of the way they do things, but just saying this. I am so thankful to have a job, and it is a good place to work, despite the negative things people might have said. Most of the people who work there don't realize how lucky they are to have a job. They are very hard to come by nowadays.

geotuna93

Forum Probie
yes I know how hard they are to come by, especially part time ones. I interviewed with another bay area 911 response company and they said that they would have no problem hiring me but I cannot work full time. I am still a student and need to work.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Where can I look up those numbers that tell you what each number is? Was talking with some Paramedic Plus employees and they were telling me how a 9 is cardiac arrest and stuff like that. The guy I spoke with their is an actual wiki on it. Do you know of it?

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
No clue eithe. We have coded calls which are alpha,bravo,Charlie,delta,echo. And there is numbers associated with them depending on the type on call. Like you mentioned 9 for cardiac arrest, I'm pretty sure it's coded as a 9Echo1. But no one really knows the numbers unless you run a lot of the same call. Most of us just know the A,B,C,D,E.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Bummer, I wish I remembered what that guy told me to Google.

I sent an e-mail, that Texas recruiter is gone until Tuesday, lol.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think I found it it. I hope this is right.

1 abdominal pains
2 allergic reaction
3 animal bite
4 assualt
5 back pain
6 breathing problem
7 burn
8 carbon monoxide
9 cardiac arrest
10 chest pains
11 chocking
12 convulsions/seizures
13 diabetic
14 drowning
15 electrocution
16 eye injury
17 fall
18 headache
19 heart problems
20 heat/cold exposure
21 hemorrhage
22 industrial accident
23 poison/overdose
24 miscarriage
25 attempt suicide
26 illness
27 stabbing
28 stroke
29 vehicle accident
30 traumatic injury
31 unconscious
32 unkown problem
34 request for mutual aid
36 stand by
40 exposire
41 airport code
42 police/fire support
43 demonstration
44 administrative
45 other
47 gunshot

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Seems overly complicated but I'm sure with the call volume you guys run you have to break it down a bit more than others. We just do priority 1-4 and 99. 1-2 are emergent, 3 is routine response, 4 is IFT, 99 is emergent IFT but they tell you wether to run code or not, the 99 means you can't be diverted from it. Then for the complaint we just get plain english. "Medic xxx priority 1 chest pain at xxxxxxxx".

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I guess deciphering the radio right now is my little project. I am looking for the time response associate with which level it is. I think echo is 8 1/2 minute and charlie is 12, but I am gonna look onkine. ALCO isn't as well documented as Santa Clara in my opinion. Isn't there an omega level too?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Found it. In the contract agreement, no omega. Time varies by whether it's alpha-echo, but also whether it's metro, rural, or wilderness which is determine by average number of calls I think.

What's that second number you said "9echo1", is that city?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
For those interested in response times.

b = basic, p = paramedic, the times are in minutes.

level:personnel:metro:suburban/rural:wilderness
echo:p/p:8 1/2:14:18
delta:b/p:10 1/2:16:22
charlie:b/p:15:25:28
bravo:b/b:15:25:28
alpha:b/b:30:40:40

http://www.acgov.org/board/bos_cale...S/Regular Calendar/HCSA_Paramedics_Plus_2.pdf

I was looking at it through a phone and it's a 98 page pdf on my phone. I get the impression that alpha and bravo are without red lights and sirens.

Although the call may be done by a BLS unit, I was told that Paramedic Plus doesn't have any right now. In <link to newsletter>Paramedic Plus newsletter</link to newsletter>, they are coming out with a new IFT company. I heard rumors that it will be called "Patient Plus" and might be partnering up with Rural/Metro of Northern California although those are just rumors I heard, not something I read. Per the newsletter, it's still several months away from becoming a reality.

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
All calls are at minimum EMT Medic... Alpha calls are the only ones ran code 2... There is a BLS division on the horizon and it will be called patients plus. They will not be absorbed into the 911 system, except for maybe 5150's but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Madball

Forum Probie
Man another BLS company in AlCO? Also, did you hear that Alameda city fire is starting up their own BLS division to run calls out of Alameda hospital and the surrounding SNF's? That makes like 10 different BLS companies in this county alone :wacko:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
At least we aren't like LA... yet.